Traffic Costs 2 Billion Pesos In Losses Every Day

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Corie Henson, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

According to JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) an estimated 2 billion pesos is lost every day due to the heavy traffic in Metro Manila. It's just sad that the government has not been anything to resolve that problem.

From what I see, the traffic is mainly caused by congestion... of the city. The tendency of rural folks is to go to Manila in search of their fortune. And once in Manila, they seldom go back even if they find their fortune to be a misfortune. That is one reason for the many homeless people in Metro Manila. Another reason for the congestion is the concentration of business in the Metro so naturally businesses are magnets for people.

There are so many suggestions to ease the traffic. In the late 1990s, the government implemented the so called vehicle coding system where vehicles with plates ending in 1 or 2 cannot be used on Mondays, those ending in 3 or 4 cannot be used on Tuesdays, etc. That practically reduced the vehicles by 20%. Correct? For a time it was effective but as the population grew, the number of vehicles also increased. That means it is not really effective to implement that coding system.

Do you have an idea?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well how did people get to work on the days their license plate wasn't allowed to go?

I looked it up and it's a very populated city, don't think i would want to live there, no offense.

I like big cities but not packed like sardine cities. I can imagine you have a lot of problems.

I do like being able to afford a housekeeper or two though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016