Transporting Migrants From Border To Other U.s. Cities

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 18, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep. That's how we came to have that fabulous Muslim anti-Semitic representative Omar from Minnesota. Thanks, Barack!

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Why not send them back to where ever they came from & process their claim as time permits?

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The massive adoption of the word “asylum” by those wanting to immediately enter the United States is one of those tricky sort of things in the book.
    Everyone needs to be processed so that those who are really in fear for their lives will not be sent back to their death.
    Nearly everyone has learned how to use the word even to the limits of getting a pretend family including children together in order to be accepted even faster.
    Families from the south take in a higher consideration but are harder to vet and even harder to prove that they are a real family but because there are children involved they generally pass the border process without much ado.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Obama used the asylum system to bypass immigration laws, and it didn't take the illegal importers long to learn the system.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Rather than bus migrants to a little island in the NE, DeSantis ought to pay to bus them to south Florida. House them in the shelters that apparently no one used during the hurricane. Pay them the going rate to do carpentry, roofing, drywall, plumbing, etc. US citizens, pretending to be experienced in those things, will be flocking to Florida from nearby states to see if they can cheat some of those desperate people out of some money.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I understand what you’re writing but I have some mixed feelings about that Nancy.
    First, it would be like rewarding someone for being in this country illegally.
    Second, beyond the reward, the number of people flocking to cheat people out of money are small compared to those citizens who can really do the job and need the work. I’m sure that those in law enforcement combined with local construction inspectors and insurance companies will be looking out for anyone doing un-permitted work.

Lastly, even before the bussing began, the number of illegal Haitians, Bahamians, Cubans and South Americans that inhabit the state of Florida is nearly beyond counting and most of them have jobs in industries that require little or no I.D. (e.g. construction and farming) so there will be no lack of available workers.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

At the moment, the U.S. government has been shown to be participating in human trafficking, having lost track of almost 25% of the illegal young girls that the Feds are moving around the country. I don't think Florida wants to participate in that.

Faye Fox, Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The one thing I like about the way Florida and Texas is doing in regard to the bussing of illegals is that the people being bussed are fully documented.
    The states know who and where each person is being sent but what happens to them after they arrive is where the problems start.

So far as what happens on the Federal level, well, that’s another story. Each person coming in claiming asylum is given a court date and where they are to appear but rarely do those people show up. Males and females alike get lost and cannot be found unless they turn criminal and break some local law. Notably, it’s no wonder that the percentage of girls who get lost is so high particularly when many of them were trafficked into the U.S. specifically for the sex industry to begin with.
    The males pay a hefty amount of money to get across the border but many of the females pay the price of indentured servitude whatever that may mean.

One thing we all know is that even if they get picked up for whatever, the way some states are working the bail system, an illegal can pull out their get out of jail free card and be back on the streets and re-disappear.

The wheels on the bus go round and round and it ain’t gonna change until we get an administration that isn’t willing to sell their soul and this country out for votes.

9. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Why can't the border states ... the states most affected by the ILLEGALS build the wall ?

Seems to me , it just might be cheaper than supporting the ILLEGALS ?

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The money to build the wall has already been voted through and is sitting there waiting for the Fed to let loose of it and whatever federal permits that are needed to build but Biden wants open borders.
    There are some pundits who say that Biden gave a quiet nod back in July to continue building in N.Mexico and Arizona but apparently that nod wasn’t clear.

Texas, Arizona and New Mexico have already taken the initiative to fill the gaps even to the point of Arizona’s idea to use large storage containers and welding them together. Of note is the fact that even the storage containers cost around 3,500 dollars a piece plus whatever the labor costs but even though they’re stacking them 2 containers high, the migrants are still going over them.
    Once an illegal gets over the wall, they’re officially called a refugee and have to be processed accordingly almost the same as those Cubans who reach the Florida coast.

Under the Trump administration, anyone caught going over a wall or just crossing the border was treated as an illegal and either sent back or in the case of families w/ children, held for processing.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

It is a club and we ain't in it, so the two parties both make a killing off it 'literally' and we just keep voting the tyrants into office.Nothing new all empires come to an end, and usually the same way.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

They were trying to. I wonder if the Feds got in the way. My Congressman informed me that some in Congress were trying to get collections together to finish the wall but I think it went to help the poor migrants instead. Getting any group to work together is difficult. The priorities, who to hire, will they work for a group that might not see it through...

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Because it is a national border and why should we (as a Texan) have to pay for that??? The Blue states are finally getting a taste of what it means to be inundated with unwanted illegals, so let them eat cake. Go, Abbott, go.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

They are poor because their leaders sell them out to others. We are about to join them in their poverty because our leaders are doing the same thing to America.
    Their culture is not our fault. Put Americans on welfare on the fence, not criminal trespassers. Bring back chain gangs and let our prisoners do the work including a couple of the criminals in my own family.
    If those in con-gress let illegals, do it the Cartels would be the benefactor's.

Mary Stetler likes this.