Trees And Other Things

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes this was another concern I had. All of the EGO trimmers have longer handles, not just the commercial.

The shaft on the common models now comes in 2 parts with a connector in the middle. I guess for easy shipping. :rolleyes: You can't move the loop handle down below the join point. The commercial one has one solid shaft with a warning label that says not to put the loop handle below the label. I intend to ignore that label if necessary.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Registered

I never heard of WORX trimmers before. Just checked them out. The problem with battery equipment is... different tools each running on different batteries with different chargers? I only want 3 tools: mower, string trimmer, and chain saw. It would be nice if you could interchange the batteries when one goes out. I can't even make up my mind if I stick to one brand.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Registered

This trimmer comes with an optional shoulder strap, like a guitar strap, to take a load off, if necessary. I need a heavy duty trimmer because I do tend to let things go. And it could be used out in the country if necessary. Even in the woods. :) I just hate returning things. In fact, I can't remember ever returning anything ordered online. It's why I obsess over things like this.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I want to know where to get a @Bobby Cole.:rolleyes:

5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Look for the big weeder/ trimmer with wheels you can switch. Worx products can have interchangeable batteries. I am not sure if they have a chain saw. My battery one is a Black and Decker. But there are all sorts of saws ie sawzalls and such that if they are the same maker you can use the batteries interchangeably. I like that because I can charge one while using another.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Stand in line, @Mary Stetler ; I am married to a CHICK MAGNET !
    He has all kinds of women coming up to our front porch wanting him to do something or another. Just let him know you want to be in the sequence to have heavy weedeating done, and he will get there as soon as possible….
    (Thankfully, I am always first in line for his services . Take that any way you want)

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

8. Nancy Hart

Registered

Geesh! How could I forget the DR trimmer?!!! :oops: It's probably too big to do fine work around the little trees. I think I took every drop of gasoline out to the farm.:(

[​IMG]

By the way, I read Honda is going to quit making gasoline lawn mowers. Mower production was supposed to stop September 2023.

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, hello. :)

Nancy Hart likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

The new DR Trimmers don't hold up like the old ones. The company was sold. Too late, I read reviews on amazon although I got a great deal directly from the company.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  11. Nancy Hart

Registered

Status of the back yard project...

upload_2024-5-24_7-31-41.png

The area in red is the back-to-back sod section. The area in yellow, outside of the red, is what I think I've sprigged so far. :confused: Butting up against old existing St. Augustine in the foreground. It's very dry now and better to water first. I've not gotten close to the fence because the sprinkler is not very efficient around the edges.

There is a small strip on the west side of the house I should be able to finish today. Then it's a good place to stop for a while. Wait and see if any area was missed or sprigs didn't survive. Meanwhile use up what's left of the dirt pile. As soon as we get one good rain, I think I can do all along the fence in 2 days.

There are 13 pieces of sod left. More than enough.

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

I am out of breath just reading that!;)
    Good job!

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Registered

If you keep searching the internet long enough, you will find a picture of almost anything. :):cool:

This is a close-up photo of the "2-room schoolhouse" I attended in 6th grade (1957-58). I believe that is a 1950 Buick Special Jetback.

[​IMG]
    Akron Beacon Journal archives, January, 1950

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
    Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I like the roll-up door. Did that used to be a repair shop, or did the school store equipment in there?

Nancy Hart likes this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Registered

It was an old bus garage and repair shop behind the high school. The two other 6th grade classes met in the new high school. The garage was more fun. I remember we were a difficult class. Ages 11-12, going on 16.