Trees And Other Things

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry, I was away. Belated hugs. I have been closer to my animals than to some family and I know you loved your fur kids so much too.

Yvonne Smith and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken. It helps a lot to know that someone else had a similar situation.

3. Nancy Hart

Registered

The July 4th deadline is near. Used up all the sod reserved for sprigging. The most recent round was early last week. After that we had several days of highs 95 or above and clear skies. You could probably fry an egg on the ground. Not good. It looks like only half of those are going to survive. Many of the first rounds have started to put out runners, some 8" long already.

No measurable rain for 20 days. I'll cannibalize a couple of pieces of sod from somewhere and fill in a few places this week. That's it until we start getting some rain. You can still sprig up to 90 days before first frost. That would be through July.

The sodded section after first mowing today...

[​IMG]

The ryegrass finally died. The green around the edges is mostly weeds. Better than nothing this 1st year.

4. Nancy Hart

Registered

(6/30/24) Sunday

Early this morning, just by chance, I saw a bluebird chasing a squirrel from in front of the bluebird house. They do this only when the young ones are about to fledge. No activity all the rest of the day. I guess I missed it again. :oops: Went back and checked dates and it's certainly possible the second brood left the house today.

I'm all mixed up in time lately.