Trees And Other Things

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I was living with a little green lizard for 2 days. Don't know how he got in the house. Couldn't catch him. He is very fast. He was near the window, so I left it cracked open hoping he'd find his way out. Haven't seen him for 2 days. I'll never know for sure what happened, unless I find him dried up in some corner somewhere {sniff}.

Green Anole

[​IMG]

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That a sign of a healthy ecosystem. The first thing I noticed when I was house-hunting here was an abundance of skinks:

[​IMG]

I know they got lots of critters in Florida, but I guess that other states south of me might also have a larger variety of critters that we do here.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Where I grew up (NE Ohio) I never saw a lizard in real life. Assumed they were only in South and Central America. Shocked to see the first one in Georgia. Now they are routine.

They stayed on the (very high, thank you) ceilings of the guest house where I stayed once in India. They never bothered you. Just ate mosquitoes. The place was full of mosquitoes, who also didn't bother you either as long as the ceiling fans were operating full blast. But they would bite your legs under the dining room table (the mosquitoes, not the lizards).