Trees And Other Things

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Speaking of football, Oklahoma is my team. Some years we’re up, some years down.
    But the team I’m watching this year, in college football, is Mississippi State. They have
    a new coach, Mike Leach. I wants to see him operate in the Southeast Conference. He
    comes there from Washington State, and before that, Texas Tech. He runs the air raid
    offense. He is arrogant, irreverent and he is an attorney who wanted nothing to do
    with law. He has been a winner overall. He likes pirates.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Ed Wilson and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I see Mike Leach and his team will be playing Alabama, at Tuscaloosa, on Halloween night. . Bless his heart. ;)

I will try to watch it.

3. Bill Boggs

Registered

MS and Mike Leach will be blown out of the saddle, but if he sticks around and doesn't get fired
    and get a few draftees of his own, he could be a contender, I think.

You might look in a time or two just to see what's happening. I won't get to see the game from
    my location but may get some uinfo on the computer while the game is in progress.

4. Nancy Hart

Registered

For the last 3 years I've been able to find all of the Georgia SEC games live stream somewhere on YouTube. Just a minute or two delay. I'll look for that. Then I can play solitaire, or read posts on this forum, at the same time.

Miss State plays Georgia here on November 21st, unless something changes.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

6. Nancy Hart

Registered

Oh no! ..One of the reasons I decided to go with the 5.0 liter V8 engine was because it has been around for years with no problems, and the new eco-boost V6 is prone to problems, according to a survey of Ford dealer mechanics.

The first article says this!

"We've also added a variable displacement cylinder deactivation function to the 5.0-liter, helping fuel economy by reducing the number of cylinders receiving fuel during lower speeds and under light loads,"

This technology will enable the V8-powered F-150 to run on four cylinders instead of eight. Shutting off half of the cylinders will help conserve fuel when they are not needed in certain driving conditions such as during slow-speed cruising. :eek:

What could go wrong when half the cylinders are supposed to shut down (automatically? or optional?). :rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Registered

I shoulda got a (2020) V8 :(

8. Nancy Hart

Registered

(10/26/2020) Monday

I'm about to place an order for 2 rugs for the hallway upstairs. If I don't do this, I'll start moving furniture downstairs, and that would be silly. (Long story)

As I probably said before, I want braided rugs. They look good on hardwood floors and remind me of a country cottage. They can be removed, turned over, and cleaned easily. There used to be a business in town that would clean braided and oriental rugs. They just took them in the back of the building, threw them out on their driveway, and sprayed them with a hose. I have a driveway.

We used to have a braided rug factory here in town. I saw them sewing rugs. They had a set up similar to the one below, except the table was round and would rotate. Now they shoot air up through the tables to make the rug easier to move. But I digress.

upload_2020-10-26_21-34-54.png

I only found one factory online that (1) has nice patterns/colors, and (2) will do custom orders without being way overpriced. It is a small company in Shelby, North Carolina, only 140 mi from here as the crow flies.

Narrowed it down to 3 choices a long time ago, and quit.

upload_2020-10-26_21-35-43.png

1. First choice, oval, but this pattern is only made in wool. I don't want wool
    2. Second choice is rectangle and not much pattern
    3. Dark rectangle

The first two colors would be prettier, at first, but I can visualize spots and tracks on them too soon. The 3rd may be too dark, but they are usually lighter than in the pictures, I think. I don't want to wait for a sample. There really is no 4th choice anyway.

One will be approx 6' x 12'. The other, 3' x 4' right in front of that little door. Going to double check final measurements right now and do this!

9. Nancy Hart

Registered

(10/29/2020) Thursday

The remnants of hurricane Zeta zipped through here around midnight with no trace of it by Thursday morning. There was a lot of wind in town. Took off to the farm.

Headed toward the cabin in the Ezgo and there was a power line down across the road right near the barn. Now I know there is likely a 99.9% chance that you could drive over it with rubber tires and be just fine. Still, I didn't want my obituary to read, "The last thing she did was stupid" , so I stepped over it and walked the rest of the way. It was a nice day to walk anyway, high about 76.

The electric was working fine at the cabin. As soon as I got there it started to sprinkle. Got stuck on the front porch while the rain tried to make up its mind. Intermittently the sun would pop out, then it really cut loose. Just some clips in time sequence. I like to hear rain on the metal roof.

Everything in the cart was soaked when I got back. :p

I need to call the power company in the morning. There were two lines where this one came down, and I couldn't see a thing that caused it. Maybe they already worked on it?

While tracking down which pole the line came from (#116916) I realized the power company mowed half of the blackberry patch down. Now it is thin enough to reach all the berries. If you wait long enough things seem to work out. :cool:

A cute little cloud formation on the way home right above Dunkin Donuts.

upload_2020-10-30_1-34-4.png

10. Nancy Hart

Registered

@Bill Boggs: .. I've got the Alabama / Mississippi State game on YouTube. . Are you watching?

A LINK .. <---This link has the hiccups for some reason. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

17 to nothing, Alabam. on computer.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Registered

27 - 0 at half time. He will get better next time.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

ok, 41 to nothing. That shows to go you what I know about football and players and coaches. What shall I show my expertise on next, the amazon rain forest? Later Ms Hart.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

But, he'll get better when he can get his own draftees into place. Unless he's lost it an i kstill have confidence he'll be an interesting addition to the southeast conforence. Thjanks for the invite last night.

15. Nancy Hart

Registered

I kept hearing during the game last night about players leaving Mississippi State, and some being "purged." Wonder what that's all about.