Trees

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Richard Paradon, May 12, 2015.

1. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't think of a better answer. I really need to remember that one next time somebody asks me such a silly question.

Actually the question that irritates me is being asked what I like to take photos of because the answer is anything that interests me on a particular day. One day it could be a tree or a bug, another it could be something really abstract. Most people just don't get it.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Michelle Stevens

Registered

I love it. I'm just amazed that the branches can take all that weight.

3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Tom, is that a real picture or photoized (not the word I am looking for, but I think you know what I am saying)!

4. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

And there is no problem of film and processing costs any longer! I probably delete 95% of the shots I take but if I did not take pics I would not have the 5% that I like and can share!

I can't remember if I posted this picture before but it is a cool dragon fly who decided to go sailing with us one day!

[​IMG]

5. Michelle Stevens

Registered

I'm pretty sure that photo is real. I've seen similar ones before. And the word you were looking for is photoshopped.

That's a most unusual bug shot. I love it.

I'm afraid that I don't delete most of the bad photos I take because I always think I may be able to improve on them some day. I've actually been able to turn some ghastly photos into quite interesting (and unrecognisable) digital art. But that should be left for another discussion. This one is supposed to be about trees. :)

6. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I to have a strange fascination with taking pictures of tree's and anything else that strikes my interest at the time. Tree's to me have something mystical and ancient to say, sometimes it is in the bark, sometimes it is in the roots. Up here in the North the trees are just starting to really open up, it has been very cold for this time of year so the leaves were slow to come. Here are two shots from Niagara Falls NY of tree's, one is a birch that had a hard winter and the other is right on the rapids.

Attached Files:

7. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Absolutely genuine. In fact, I've seen tree-climbing goats in Ethiopia. They are essentially mountain animals and are adept at running around on the narrowest of ledges and climbing improbable rock faces, so trees are nothing to them!

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

That poem was put to music. It was our graduation song in the seventh grade. I still sing it once in a while but I can only remember the melody of the first verse.:(