Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I heard one ( only one) report that Willis has tendered her resignation to perhaps avoid disbarment. The Prosecutor Review Board or whatever it is called is looking into the case and thinks that what the judge wrote in his decision is sufficient for her removal from office and possibly from the legal profession. It is also rumored that the Georgia Attorney General is looking at the case and make take it over. All rumors and limited sources, but perhaps it was done on a Saturday morning to avoid the media, just as a lot of unpleasant political news is released on Friday afternoons for the same reason. Don't know....

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I won't hold my breath on this one either, but thank you much for the at least, hopeful information. I'll watch for anything I see on it as well this weekend. It makes sense to avoid the MSM and Fox as well as others that really aren't that reliable, who is I guess is the question :rolleyes:

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

None of the MSM is totally reliable. In fact, no news outlet should be relied upon as a single source. That is why I post that when I quote from a single source. Don't fall for the propaganda from either side, and keep an open mind to all possibilities.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

hard to know who's on the right side, but I'll do my best ;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump has discussed a compromise on abortion. The compromise would be a ban after 16 weeks of pregnancy with three exceptions: rape, incest and the life of the mother.

He hasn't officially announced this but in an interview with Howard Kurtz on Fox he said he's thinking about those exceptions and asking for feedback.

Would that compromise help or hurt him with voters?

My first thought is that it will hurt him with at least some pro-life voters and it won't help him with any pro-abortion voters.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

For me I don't have any opinion on votes, I have no interest in participating since it's more about the life of babies, and their right to life.

This is a baby at 16 weeks, I disagree with his compromise, and jsut a reminder that a the baby has a right to life as much as any human, and not to be tortured by the procedure for abortion. Although, if our country is not put back in order, we won't a chance in hell of ever ending abortion on demand, so I'll still vote Trump.

I'll also add that no one is going to get off scott-free from having an abortion, I speak from my own experience and can tell you in has haunted me my whole life, more now than ever. No one seems to think of a baby as a human being until it's born which is plain ignorance (and willful ignorance). That's all I'll say because too many, sadly disagree, and I won't argue, or even discuss it further.
    upload_2024-3-17_11-40-58.jpeg

7. Vada Bloom

Registered

I know it’s an emotional topic and I don’t want to argue about it either.

I hope we can stick to how it will affect the election. It could be the deciding issue.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm sure it will be for some ;)

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Abortion is a huge issue but does not come close to the border crisis nor the economy IMO. For the record, I am a Right-to-Choose proponent but since my years of having babies are over I'll leave that fight for others. (When a man is forced to allow others to make a choice over his plumbing then we'll talk again.)

10. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all-
    Being a man, I cannot offer any personal experience to this never ending discussion of abortion rights. But I can offer the idea that ANY politician who says that that no woman can ever have an abortion even in extreme circumstances is simply not being realistic or honest. Terminating a pregnancy is a most difficult decision, but it is the WOMAN"S decision- not some old, white, male politician who is just spouting a party-line line of verbal garbage.

It is the WOMAN"S decision.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with this.

12. Vada Bloom

Registered

The general consensus (from other places) seems to be that this effort to own both sides of the issue will hurt Trump, not help him.

Another point being made is that the Supreme Court took this out of the fed's hands and it should be left alone by presidential politicians now. A president cannot overturn the Supreme Court, not yet, although after 4 more years of Joe Biden they may be able to.

Whether or not individuals still want abortion banned or want it made legal they need to take it up with their state legislature, or move to a state where they like the law. It is what it is for now.

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It should be handled at the state level, not the Federal level. So much has gravitated upward to the Federal level since community grants began under Nixon all those years ago. The Feds say, "just give us the issue, and we will pay for it or give you money."

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Trump spoke at a rally, he denounced China's plans to build cars in Mexico and sell them in the U.S. with no tariff since the were made in Mexico. Here is what the media made of his speech.:

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

They have always edited his speeches (or jokes) to twist the narrative. Even after they see the entire speech they persist with the "bloodbath!!!" bullshit. So tiresome.