Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Just think back to 2016. Every single poll had Hillary a shoo-in. :rolleyes:

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They are looking ahead to 2030 when the next census takes place. They hope to have the Chinese, Guatemalans and the Iranians in secure places by then.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

But Hillary was not dogged by the media even though she destroy evidence under subpoena. Nothing to see there. No prosecutor would indict on that according to the FBI director.
    Trump has never led in the polls in any of these states, and the polls are always weighted to the Democrat side. Only time will tell.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My point was, polls are often no indicator of actual results. Everyone expected Hillary to win, hence the gnashing of teeth and hysterics from liberals on election night.

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I do understand @Beth Gallagher.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Many of the Hispanic people are now Trump supporters, and will encourage more of their people to vote for Trump, so having illegal voters might actually hurt the Liberals more than it helps them.
    When President Trump was at the Texas border a few weeks ago, there were Hispanics just across the river watching, and when they saw him, they started cheering “Trump, Trump, Trump”, just like happens at his rallies.
    I think that they know that the illegals that Trump will be focusing on will be the ones with criminal backgrounds, and not the families who are here and working jobs in this country.

Also, a lot of Hispanic people are Catholics, and very religious, and are against al of the trans and lgbtq stuff, as well as legalizing all abortions, and this will also affect how they vote.
    It may still come out before the next election that 2020 was stolen, and that will make a huge difference, too.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Border security is important to Hispanic people who are here legally as citizens because it's their jobs that the illegals will be taking. It's their pay rates that will be lowered due to illegal immigration. Having lived on the Texas-Mexico border for twenty years, it's clear to me that Hispanic citizens of the United States do not want open borders, for the most part. Nevertheless, a lot of them will vote Democrat because they're used to voting Democrat, just like so many former Union members in the former mill town that I live in still vote Democrat because they still identify as union members despite the mill having closed a couple of decades ago, and they still identify unions with the Democrat Party. Unfortunately, many people don't look at actual issues or positions when they cast a vote, and, on that end, it doesn't help that we can't generally take politicians at their word.

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Except for the teachers unions, Unions are beginning to see through the Democrats like the blacks and hispanics. There is a great hispanic band that is making the rounds, Hispanics for Trump(?)

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Teachers unions are mostly leftist political action organizations, and not actual labor unions.

10. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I was pretty pleased to see we behind Trump do indeed have some big money on our side!! Saw a quick article on the fund-raiser held in Florida, 50.5 mil brought in. First I watched a video you probably already know about but I hadn't seen it, with Tammy Bruce. Pretty clear we need votes for Trump, and money. Wonder how the dems will try and get hold of that money as well. They are so predictable:

11. Denise Evans

Registered

There are good people everywhere (patriots), it just seems to take so much for them to finally speak up against the wickedness in our government.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

No, it's hard to believe anything we see that is in our favor. Nowadays there is more, sort of, underground news that has come about though, some honesty in journalism. I know MSM is relentless with their garbage but we are in a war, whether it's been declared or not.

Vada Bloom and Jenna Parnellson like this.
  13. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    It seems to me that politicians are drawn to money the way that flies are drawn to... another substance. And just as flies love a big pile of another substance, politicians love big piles of money. and just as flies follow the depositors of another substance, politicians follow the big money. Both are just about the same, really.
    All politicians- on all sides of the political spectrum- just love and live on that big money. And so often, big money comes with lots of strings and demands which usually don't serve the needs of common people.
    I don't like any politician, and I don't trust many of them, and I don't like the way that huge money and not service to others is the guiding light of most politicians.

Of course, some politicians are worse than others, and we have some bad ones running around loose and making lots of mouth noise now.

And to those who think "we're in a war" I can only say I disagree. We may not see things the same way, but we're not in a war.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Maybe Mr. Ed, but I'm betting you are going to feel a lot safer when President Trump is elected. Democrats seem bent on biting the hand that literally feeds them. It sure hasn't been biden's hand.

15. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There are many people who have never seen themselves as any stripe of Republican and don't even identify as "conservative" who backed Trump previously as their only remaining way of trying to tip the ship of State and by extension their lives upright and near level once again.

Surely by now more people realize things are even closer to capsizing and will throw their weight to help right the ship