Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ya see Vada, it’s like this.
    You are using your brain cells to logically differentiate that which is true or false.
    Those cells are rarely exercised by these who sit for hours on end listening to the woke and way left wing media.
    Like cursive writing, thinking for oneself is no longer considered a thing of beauty and a mark of the intelligent but looked down upon by the hive like minds that rely on a central conveyance of mass media instructions not unlike the Trekian Borg method of assimilation.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

One thing I wanted to say although not sure where it goes is how sorry I feel for that poor girl agent with the holster disability. She will be hounded by vids forever. As one who has trouble getting my arm into a sweater sometimes and could be videoed like a dog chasing its tail, I feel for her shame which would not be there so much without social media. Of course she should not have been on the force as a trainee but if the attempt was coordinated to have succeeded, she was probably put there on purpose.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I do use my brain cells and I don't like what he said. I also think for myself, but I don't understand telling people that they'll never have to vote again, or that he will "fix it." He certainly didn't fix it during his first term... the do-nothing Republican majority was too busy in-fighting to accomplish anything and he can't do it alone.

He didn't say this will be the last time anyone can vote for him. He just said the last time they will need to vote.

I realize that in print, his words don't have inflection and are usually taken out of context, but many of us don't have the time or inclination to listen to every speech he makes. After that snooze-athon at the RNC I'll probably never listen to another of his speeches. I wish politicians would just get to the point.

John Nopales and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is just more Democrat media tricks, trying to attribute a different meaning to what Trump said than was obviously intended. Some people are persuaded by the media spin, others aren't. It was pretty clear that he was talking about voting for him in November. It's his campaign, and he was giving a campaign speech. Was he talking about a school council vote?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2024
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

It is like taking out of context that he would be dictator on day one for one day. To start to drill, drill, drill and to close the border. Biden cancelled all Trumps executive orders on the border and made some on the first week. hmmmmmmm

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

A lot of people have been led to believe that separation of church and state means that someone should divest themselves of their faith when they run for political office. That works well for the progressives because that would remove a large segment of the population who wouldn't vote for progressive causes. However, apart from the fact that separation of church and state has no reasonable constitutional validity, and was clearly not an issue in the early part of our government, faith doesn't work like that. If you can shut your faith up in an lockbox, then you don't have any faith.

Trump is appealing to a large segment of the population and isn't giving up on those he isn't appealing to. That's the sign of a good politician. Those who have no faith are upset because he speaks to a Christian group as a Christian. Others were upset because he invited the President of the Teamster's Union to speak at the Republican Convention, or because he gave a microphone to someone with tattoos.

A common political tactic is to impose demands on the opposition candidate that cannot be met by any human being, and when you can get the opposition Party to take these on as their own - if you can get them to decide that they can't vote for someone because he said something they didn't like, made a joke that they didn't think was funny, because he spoke kindly to someone they disagree with, or because he holds a position that differs from their own, then this is a decided advantage to the Party that will vote for anyone with a "D" after their name.

Republicans fall for that crap all the time, which is why the Democrat media keeps doing it.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  8. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The media has no mercy. They will tear anyone apart if it helps their choice of candidate. But, Trump said some nice things about her.

“There was great bravery displayed… Every one of them. There wasn’t one that was slow,” Trump began telling the crowd. “There was a woman to my right shielding me. A beautiful person. She was shielding me with everything she could.”

The former president continued: “She got criticized by the fake news because she wasn’t tall enough. She was criticized and she was so brave.” https://nypost.com/2024/07/28/us-ne...ho-shielded-him-during-assassination-attempt/

I agree that his immediate body team did a great job. They weren't the problem. Although it's hard not to agree that his agents should be as tall as he is. But, the advance team and leadership was the problem, IMO.

I'm still not convinced that the poor performance by the rest of the SS wasn't deliberate. Maybe the SS leaders were just leaving it open and hoping for a shooter or maybe they were more involved in the attempt.

Yes, I know Trump didn't say that. I said it as a fact to add to how ridiculous the media's attack was.

I agree, Yvonne. MAGA is about America. When the left isn't criticizing Trump they are criticizing the people who support MAGA.

9. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What's all this with left-leaning media claiming Trump is "afraid to debate" Harris?

I also heard that Harris may just be a placeholder until their Convention when they'll bring the real Gorgon out of her dungeon. Probably not Hillary at her age, but who is left? Is Whitmer a good pick to keep the dumpy women voters in the corral? Gen Xer. She does use a pretty obvious ton of makeup. Clomps around like she's pulling a wagon.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Newsome just ordered all of the homeless he shamelessly exploited to be shoveled off into some corner somewhere. Dunno what he's preparing for.

11. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Veeelly interesting.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Gov. Gavin Newsom issues executive order for removal of homeless encampments in California
    CNN
    7/25/24

“This executive order directs state agencies to move urgently to address dangerous encampments while supporting and assisting the individuals living in them — and provides guidance for cities and counties to do the same,” Newson said in a statement. “There are simply no more excuses. It’s time for everyone to do their part.”

He has years of embracing this stupidity, and now when he needs them to go, it's gotta be right now. Screw your representative government. Screw your democracy. It's Executive Order time, baby.

13. Mary Stetler

Registered

I just got a donation request from him for a PAC or something.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

LMAO.

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

I started excepting emails from all sorts of hoodlums. Mostly I just send them to spam folder but I like to see what the other side is getting and hearing. I still don't understand how they could let our country fall off a cliff , nay, push it off a cliff. It was happening slowly but encouraging the invasion is unbelievable