Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Good answer. But I would hope people come in for the camaraderie more than politics. Obviously some good debates might be had. But when one comes in spoiling for a fight, as we had once, chances are one can be found. I am an independent but there are some things that do get me goin'. Hope they do come in and like pets, gardens, sports, history, science, language, weather and have pits and peaks to their days.:)

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, you don't have to think to be a Progressive. All you have to do is what you are told.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Registered

Progressive was thought to be a good thing by some to start with. Our government was meant to work almost annoyingly slowly to keep from making huge mistakes quickly. Progressives wanted to move things along 'for the people'.
    People all want things to be fair for all, except politicians. We all want clean environments, nice places to live and raise our families. We want good jobs and food. We elect people we think will get these for us. They all say that they will but they are quickly bought and paid for by outside sources who they actually pass laws for. This also happened slowly but has been happening since the beginning of this country. Most politicians want to hold office for perks and power. Some really want to help but are swept up.
    The government set up the fed, then destroyed the dollar since inception. They raised minimum wage and then destroyed earnings with inflation over and over. They give out a little so they can say 'See what we have done for you?" then make laws disguising what they have taken. Imperceptibly, they have sold us out to the military industrial complex, big pharma, food and chemical industries...The upcoming new world order will hand control of our country to the WHO, WEF....whomever pays the elected the most benefits. We 'elect' but then are definitely not represented by those officials. Of course it takes sooooooo much money be elected so you must learn to play the game to make it back and then some. We are in the final innings, I think.
    Voters, left AND right had little time or desire to research past the political commercials put together by professionals. We must look to msnbc and fox and rumble and youtube and not sit on our hands.
    Think! Don't be victims any more.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Ms. Stetler-
    I must say, in general. I agree fully with this post. We the People must choose as best we see, but Lord, sometimes we have such poor choices. And you are correct. big business of all kinds do their very worst to control and take advantage of the people.

I'm not sure "government" created inflation and other financial hardships, but some large entity surely did.

A good post you made, I think. thank you.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Progressive Movement wasn't party-specific originally. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson were both Progressives. The movement created the Federal Reserve and the income tax, but they also built the national parks system and the FDA. FDR made the Progressive Movement a Democrat exclusive where it has lived ever since. The heart of the ideology is to remove democracy from government and allow expert to decide what should be done. Progressives would like to "preserve and protect" the Constitution by putting it into the National Archives and ignoring everything it says.

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Registered

OK. One last question. I saw Trump on January 6th giving his speech where he said it was our first amendment right to peacefully demonstrate at the Capital. (We've had Million Man March and many others). He told the attendees to be RESPECTFUL of the police and others to maintain the peace.
    My question, Why were segments shown on news programs etc but the whole tapes were NEVER allowed to be seen by the public on request.
    &What happened to Ray Epps. the guy in the red cap, egging people on? Nothing. Was he not an FBI agent? Cherry picking does not prove truth but it can hide the actual lies.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The reality of progressivism is to keep things moving to the left or towards the goal of globalism, a one-world, all-powerful, government. The idea is to keep it moving in that direction and never reverse course. Progressivism is occurring worldwide, but I can speak only to what has been happening in this country. In the past, things moved rapidly when the Democrats were in power and sometimes more slowly when Republicans were in control. However, Republicans have never—until Trump—changed the direction of progressivism. That's why Trump is such a threat to them. Once the line has moved so far in the globalist direction to no longer need the permission or support of the people, the gloves will be off, as we saw historically in Nazi Germany. We're very close now, and could well be only one election away.

8. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

9. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Mary :)

I will just say that (IMO) Political discussions of many sorts hold a strong interest
    to members on forums that I visit, and have visited in the past even years ago.
    I observe them rarely remaining calm, and or shall I say, without getting personal
    on some level, it more often eventually unfolds. Not with this said, it's just my own
    opinion and perceptions of things. People just want to say what's on their minds
    and be able to comfortably do so. BUT the ripple wave of snideness more often
    enters the discussions, Nothing though wrong with 'snideness" it can be both
    fun and also at the same time unpleasant. This is what debates hold true and
    solid as I myself see it.

But I would hope people come in for the camaraderie more than politics,
    and I DO agree Mary..

People love to discuss politics, not anything negative whatsoever about
    that. Can it stay reasonably calm during discussions. My reply is a firm NO.

LOL

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Variety is good. Those who want to discuss politics and Trump in this particular case can, and those that don’t can choose a different topic and never go into a political topic at all. It’s really easy to avoid politics here. It’s only one section of the forum.

It’s good having choice. When I want more of something, or want not to see any of something, I go to that kind of website.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Reporter asked to respond to Harris Campaign accusation if Trump is only coming to Howell Michigan to appeal to the white supremacists in the area Trump: “Who was here in 2021?” Reporter: “Joe Biden” Trump: "HAHA THANK YOU"

Twitter vid

13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

I just can't wait until the fair and open debate between the two of them. I kind of wonder if it will be cancelled because she can't think on her feet although she can memorize. Will they use teleprompters?
    The strength of Trump has been proven to be able to stand against enemies both foreign and domestic, which is what a president is supposed to do.
    His domestic enemies are many and he has stood against them many times already. He kept us out of foreign entanglements and look where we are now.:eek:
    She was given one job, Border Czar. She has admitted to having never been to the border. But, she said, she has never been to Europe either, with a laugh. She then said, she did not understand the question.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

She has already cancelled out on at least one debate, @Mary Stetler , and President Trump will just do an open interview (or whatever they call it) instead of the debate, and Sean Hannity is the moderator.