Trump 2024

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, May 11, 2023.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

There are states that refuse to take Kennedy off the ballot even at his request. Sadly some with still vote for him as an anti vote.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm not familiar with that statement but it could have something to do with the fact that about 70% of the Jewish vote in the United States goes to Democrats, or that a recent poll indicated that Jewish voters in the United States favored Harris by 65/34%.

3. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can't find it in writing anywhere right now but in a speech he said that if he lost Jewish voters would be to blame. I think they said only 40% were backing Trump.

I'm just not sure why so many are in the Harris camp.

Vada Bloom and John Brunner like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the Jewish bloc has the current administration where they want them, and the feel Trump will put peace and a stop to the dying above the support for the war in the Middle East. He did, after all, basically have the entire Middle East at peace during his term in office, and it was getting better and better. That was all upended when Biden eased the sanctions on Iran, thus allowing it to gain funds to build the forces in Lebanon and Yemen. The domestic Jewish voter doesn't seem to see that, and is only interested in the current happenings, not in the background causing it. I suspect Trump probably feels betrayed after all the effort that was put into that area, and that he gets no credit for the massive effort he and his administration put into Israel.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have never understood why so many Jews vote for Democrats. The Democrats invariably end up supporting the Palestinians despite what I wrote above.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't doubt that he did. He tends to react to things in that way, and it's probably particularly frustrating to him because he is clearly the most pro-Israel candidate on the ballot. Sometimes, people equate Israel and the Jewish people, forgetting that a large number of American Jews are not pro-Israel.

7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ken nailed it.

I remember when I first began to understand Jewish voters through a Jewish friend who was a moderator on a political group. My friend was a conservative and he explained the Jewish mindset to me, particularly at that time, northeastern American Jews. There are Jews who are very open about being Jewish and hating Israel and particularly Netanyahu. I will never understand that but then I can't understand Democrats or liberals either.

I wish Trump had better self control but we all know that he doesn't. This is not an election with a perfect candidate and I have no difficulty whatsoever in seeing that Trump is better than Kamala.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.