Trump Addresses The Nation On Border Crisis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Another thought on the fence:
    If someone is bound and determined to break into our homes, it would be almost impossible to stop them. But if we make it difficult enough, they might decide it's not worth the effort. That's why we have deadbolts, window locks, outside lights, security, etc. It seems to me that the same principle would apply to the wall. If they know that it will be extremely difficult to enter, maybe they wouldn't try.

Sheldon Scott and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I was was going to say let's build the wall but I saw Nancy on tv and Chris Matthews said the president was not a good man because Trump shut down the government and employees not getting paid and I thought what a cruel man Trump is and I said no wall for Trump.

4. Lulu Moppet

Registered

The employees not getting paid were advised to hold garage sales, sell their possessions, babysit and be dog walkers.

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

He must be a bully and a con man because they are laughing at him, Trump, on MSNBC. I don't know, he makes Nixon and Johnson and Obama look saintly
    Private residence.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Here's what I hope happens and this will be my last word on the subject of my president. I hope his children (don jr. and son in law) are indicted on whatever the special prosecutor can charge them with in their collusion with Russia. Trump can not be but I hope special prosecutor has already had the grand juror list Trump as an unindicted co-conspirator so he can be indicted when his presidency is over, either in 2020 or 2024. I believe this president is more dangerous to our country and to our democracy than any thing on our southern border or anything we have before seen.

Nancy Hart and Lulu Moppet like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

President Trump Receives a Briefing on Border Security

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

San Diego TV station says CNN rejected local view on border after finding out “wall works” -- Washington Times

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Even if it were so, which is doubtful, "collusion with Russia" is no crime. We were not at war with Russia, and are not at war with Russia. Speaking to a Russian is no more of a crime than it is a crime for Hillary, John Kerry, or Barack Obama to speak to all of the foreign leaders and others they've been speaking with. There is no crime known as collusion with Russia. That is a product of the fake news.

John Kerry's activities since Trump took office are far closer to being a crime than anything Trump's family have been accused of.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes I realize I misspoke about collusion. I have heard it is not against the law. I was hoping these two I referred to could be charged with conspiring with Russia against the United States to interfere with the election process.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Collusion's not a crime, conspiracy is. Semantics.

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

President Trump’s border security fight is the right one

"Right now, President Donald J. Trump is doing something that no other president has ever done — fighting hard to force Congress to fully fund a wall on the southern border. The president is a leader, and he will not back down from cowardly Democrats in Congress who fail to fully fund the wall. The issue of border security is a national-security issue and an issue where Democrats are failing the American people."

"Don’t be fooled by Democrats screaming about a “Trump shutdown” when, in the next breath, they call him names and promise no commitment of money to protect the southern border from a criminal element that uses a porous border to export drugs and crime."

"The president has never wavered, over the past two years, from his promise to put a wall on the southern border. The same cannot be said of Democrats. This is an issue where Democrats have flip-flopped. In 2006, the Secure Fence Act had the Democratic support of possible presidential candidate but then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.), in addition to failed Democratic nominee for president but then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) and soon-to-be president but then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.). Current Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) also voted for that bill, which mandated a fence on the southern border.
    In other words, Democrats were for a wall before they were against it."

"Some are falsely claiming that the partial government shutdown is doing irreparable harm to our nation. The furloughs are not preventing people from filing taxes, and the people not at work are going to get retroactive pay when this controversy passes. "

"It is clear to most Americans that the situation on the border is a state of emergency. Since President Jimmy Carter’s administration there have been 52 declared states of emergency for many reasons, and the crisis at the border seems to rise to the level of a national emergency."

"Thankfully, President Trump is doing all he can, in the face of strong opposition, to strengthen the southern border and to protect Americans from harm.
    Time for obstructionist Democrats to get out of the way."

Nancy Knudson likes this.
  13. Lulu Moppet

Registered

by Corey R. Lewandowski, on Trump payroll

14. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Ruby, that post is not from this thread, is it? Where is it from? Must have overlooked it. Thanks.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The post was a personal accusation, and has been removed. Admin does not allow personal attacks on this forum, only well-mannered discussion of the topic.
    That writer has already been banned at least twice for attacking other posters that he disagrees with, and as @Ruby Begonia pointed out, the link from Joe Riley’s post was right there at the top of the post.