Trump Addresses The Nation On Border Crisis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

The very first line in blue.It's a sentence but but blue indicates it's a live link. Just click on the top line.

Here- I copied it for you- President Trump’s border security fight is the right one

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, Birthday Girl. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Thanks to you too Ms. Begonia. Are you a Sammy Davis, Jr. fan?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Not really. It's said the character came from a radio called Amos & Andy, but could have been a live person before that. Or a chicken.

Joe Riley and Lulu Moppet like this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I was deleted because I named someone. Sorry. I did not consider a blind link to be giving credit. He cut and pasted portions of the essay, thereby perverting the authors work. It should have been noted. Electrons are cheap and there is no character limit!

6. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

People are damned thin skinned around here !

Nancy Hart likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I find it interesting that Trump is threatening to use one of the "reform" bills passed by Congress in the post-Watergate era when the Dems controlled government completely and expected to do so forever. They didn't foresee the incompetence of Carter and the force of Reagan. Some of the "reforms" are also responsible for the current "partial shutdown" when Congress changed the budgeting process to suit their desires at the moment. It bit them in the but, just as the "Reid Rule" has done. The stupid bill proposed by Republicans concerning ongoing continuing resolution will do the same for Republicans if it passes, which I doubt it will and Trump wouldn't sign it in any case.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No, we’re not “thin skinned” as you call it but very protective of those who are intelligent enough to have a debate without committing some sort of character assassination on one of our friends.

You will note @Peter Renfro, that there are some here who lean toward the left and those who lean to the right. You will also note that no one is attempting to hurt anyone’s feelings whilst engaging in the fine art of debate which means to me that there are indeed some very, very intelligent people here.

Unfortunately, there are those who would try to join in by acting like the proverbial bull in a China shop and wreck havoc upon any and all they do not agree with. You, I believe, fall into this category and would do well to read first, think about it and try to be a tad more civil.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ruby Begonia - Sorry, I don't usually do that, but that annoying, unrelated video kept popping up and blocking the article.

10. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Nothing to be sorry about Joe. That's a perfectly legitimate and quite common way to post a link.

:) You also enclosed your text with quotation marks, indicating it is a quote from the entire article referenced above.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

If you believe that someone has violated a rule or a copyright law, the proper way to deal with it is to report it. You can do by clicking on the "Report" button or by messaging either myself or Yvonne. Discussing it in a forum thread takes the thread off-topic. Please don't do that. By the way, it is permissible (fair use) to quote portions of a news article, opinion piece, or blog post as long as the article being quoted is attributed. In this case, the article was linked to. However, only a portion of the content should be quoted, with a link, so that people can click to the article for the rest of it.

This thread is about Trump's address to the nation about the border control crisis. Anything else is off-topic.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In my opinion, Trump's address on the issue didn't add anything new. I much preferred the Chuck and Nancy response, and hope they put those two out there more often because that was real entertainment.

Joe Riley, Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

George H.W. Bush: “We have a border crisis.”

Bill Clinton: “We have a border crisis.”

George W. Bush: “We have a border crisis.”

Barack Obama: “We have a border crisis.”

Donald Trump: “We have a border crisis. Let’s do something about it.”

Media & Dems: “Oh, my God! Trump is manufacturing a border crisis!”

14. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Well, you see, dear, Trump is the only one of those men who needs to manufacture data, like he does for everything including his breakfast because:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOVEMBER 27, 2018
    U.S. Unauthorized Immigrant Total Dips to Lowest Level in a Decade
    Number from Mexico continues to decline, while Central America is the only growing region

[​IMG]
    http://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11/...grant-total-dips-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade/

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If D. Trump said that he would resign his office the minute the wall is completed we would find Pelosi, Schumer and 3/4 of the democrats in congress out there in jeans, work shirts and boots on the southern border asking what they could do to finish it faster!

Matter of fact, I truly believe if he said he would resign if they approved all the money needed to build the wall and a time frame to build it, they would approve it in a New York second.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.