Trump Versus Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh. So anyone who does not support Trump is an elitist Really? ...scratching head....
    aaawww, poor Trump.:( Where will he get his next meal??:( (not that he needs it :p)

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

You are right, Martin, but it has been going on long before Trump. They consider him a threat to their livelihood.

Denise Evans and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I really do think that the fact that all of our living presidents want Hillary to be our next president is a selling point for Trump because it illustrates that Trump is the only candidate who will be willing to change the agenda. The others are all working together, and have been all along.

Denise Evans and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Professor outlines why he thinks Trump is headed for a win

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm looking forward to the face to face debate. I am praying Trump does well, sticks to the facts, and stays away from personal attacks. Just like people on these forums are automatically losers when they sink to personal attacks, I am hoping Trump refrains;)

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, that's quite a record of predictions;) Hope hope hope;)

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Can't agree more, many of us (hopefully enough) are definitely for positive change that has NOT happened in late "presidential" history;)

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Who really won the Great Debate?

The Donald versus Hilla the Hun

[​IMG]

Martin Alonzo and K E Gordon like this.
  9. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh too funny Joe Riley! The got the characters down too..The Donald flexing his muscles and trying to look tough and Hil ready to pounce on anything he said. Funny, and a great cartoon. I enjoyed the debate last night, it would have been great entertainment if the issues weren't so critical. The personalities of the candidates were on display for sure, even though I think they were both trying to reign in their most negative characteristics.

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for that update Martin!

12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The only people who are saying Trump is not doing well now is the[CNN] Clinton News Network

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't trust the polls and I think it's going to be a very close election. I'm also worried about the electoral vote.

I read where people on the cnbc and other polls were voting in airplane mode....don't know if it's true or not.

Also, on other forums that are mostly political and one I watch that's more conservative aren't too excited about the way Trump did last night.

When's the next debate? What about the VP debate?

With these 2 characters in the WH, VP is important.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I haven't actually seen a debate, I might pay some attention to how people think a candidate did but when I see it myself, I know how they did. Other perspectives might still be interesting but, for the most part, it's partisan. Those who are for a candidate will tend to say that candidate did well, as far as news articles and blogs go, but in private conversation they're more likely to give a genuine opinion. As @Chrissy Page says, a lot of Trump supporters don't think he did well. That's not going to change their vote but it's an acknowledgement of fact. It wasn't all his fault that he didn't do well. He knew that it wasn't going to be a fair fight, and it wasn't.

I suppose it also helps to know what someone is really saying when they determine whether someone did well or not. My assessment that Trump didn't do well was based on his performance versus Hillary's performance, not on whether I agreed with him or not. Others might decide who won based on which candidate they agreed with the most often. I think Hillary did very well but I don't want any of the stuff she was talking about, so her performance certainly wouldn't make me want to vote for her. Trump, on the other hand, said some things that concerned me, but mostly I wanted what he was talking about so, despite a bad performance, I'll still be voting for him.

I realized this when I got into a discussion with someone on Facebook. She got angry because I had said that Hillary won the debate, asking me whether I really want this or whether I really want that thing that she was proposing to do. No, I don't but I was judging their performance rather than their issues. I already pretty much know their issues so I don't watch a debate in order to find out what they might do as president. Very few candidates actually do what they say they're going to do anyhow.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's what I've been saying all along, or trying to. When I say some of the things I say about
    Hillary or Trump it's not because I'm not voting for Trump...I am but I'm not going to lie and make things up either.

Ken Anderson likes this.