Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think abortion is a genuine issue in this election. I don't expect Trump to overturn Roe versus Wade because the Supreme Court would have to do that, and I don't see it happening. Like Social Security and taxes, it is something that both sides hold up during every election but it's not something that any president is going to effect. A president has every right to hold a position on the issue but it's not one that should be decided by a president. I believe Trump's position is that it's something that should be decided by the states. Constitutionally, nearly everything should be decided by the states, so that's a safe position.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree @Ken Anderson that it is not an issue in this election, well, not with most of the people I don't think. Nothing like that can be changed in a short 8 years anyway, and nothing by one man/woman, I hope not. I don't like the idea of any, one person having all the power.

It's only one issue, a big one yes, but I see immigration, jobs, and our military the most important.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

On Facebook?? Wow, thanks for the heads up @Bobby Cole I'll check it out. I've been searching on Youtube lately, and remembering to subscribe when I find a good source;)

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, so I'll attach a clip to make sure I am in the right place @Bobby Cole In the clip it shows the dates of the speeches, so if I click on tomorrows, I will see the live broadcast of it? I do mean, of course, click it tomorrow, LOL! Would be way awesome if I clicked today and saw a speech in the future though!!:p

trump.PNG

6. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh cool! I see I can still watch today's in NC!! It's coming up 10 pm EST?? Hope I have that right. I didn't know they had speeches late like that, well 10 seems late to me anyway;) Oh no, EST is 4 hours, so it's on now, gotta go!! tty all soon!!

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Well, I think I got shorted on the speech but I'll catch the rest later. Another vid cut in but it was North Carolina, and they had the guy that is running for Attorney General I think it was. I don't know, I'm so pumped about that speech. You think his speeches will all be the same, but this one was even better than yesterday's.

I can't wait to hear from more of you that watched. Man, you could hear how many people were there! Lots!! I mean LOTS, LOL!!

I don't have cable so Donald was talking about the msm was showing commercials that were totally negative about him, during his rally. That's ok, he and the crowd really gave it to the msm. I've said before that I know there are honest folks just trying to make a living with the msm. Too bad they have to work for them.

You know my biggest wish while watching and listening? I wish I were young again, and getting excited about having a job/career. Heck, maybe I'll even be able to find work if jobs really open up. 70,000 companies/factories have been shut down. I can't even fathom that number, and how many jobs lost.

Ok, I'll wait til some of you show back up here;) Thanks so much @Bobby Cole I didn't know about this speech til you shared it;) Wow, it was just so uplifting. I also thought about praying very hard for him and his family, God's protection over them. He's a hard-hitter, unafraid to say it like it is. Man, @Joe Riley had it so "dead on" , a natural leader:)

8. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

NOTICE: I have moved the discussion of abortion to a thread entitled Abortion: Pros and Cons because that discussion has more to do with abortion than with Trump. He has stated that he is pro-life, as every Republican must do in order to be nominated in a Republican primary but he has not made it a central part of his campaign. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that I don't believe that he is pro-life, only that abortion is not a subject that a president can decide, and I think he knows that. During the general campaign, he has said only that it's a matter to be decided by the individual states and that was a good answer, I think. Of course, since the Supreme Court has weighed in on it in Roe versus Wade, it is also a matter that may be taken up by a future Supreme Court. Either way, I don't think it is central to the Trump campaign, so I moved it.

As far as the abortion discussion goes, I wouldn't be in the least offended if no one decided to participate in that thread. Abortion is an issue that has broken up many online friendships, and tragically without saving a single unwed mother or unborn baby. Please tread lightly. -- Ken Anderson

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I did notice and thank you for doing it. I felt I really should never have brought it up here, so at least it's in a place of it's own if people do want to talk about it.

I'm just so excited over the speech in Selma, that's what I'm focused on now, more positive things:) Like our country surviving long enough so folks can try to make some of those "other" changes if they want to:)

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I was so excited, and couldn't wait to hear from someone on it this a.m.!! He is such a hard-hitter, and I love that about him. I can't wait for the next one today;) He not only had the crowd roaring, at some of his comments (the one about some "negotiator" that was in a bicycle race, lol) but I was clapping a roaring with laughter, and smiled through the whole thing!

I love how he smacks the msm too;)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There seems to be a shift towards Trump and it's CNN reporting it.

What's changed?

-- Maine's 2nd Congressional District moves from "battleground" to "lean Republican"
    -- New Hampshire moves from "lean Democrat" to "battleground"
    -- Ohio moves from from "battleground" to "lean Republican"
    -- Utah from "battleground" to "lean Republican"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/polit...l-college-map-november-4-duplicate/index.html

Martin Alonzo and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

FIRST EXIT POLLS SEND SHOCKWAVES THROUGH CLINTON CAMP AND TRUMP IS DELIGHTED

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's really getting down to the wire. If Trump wins I think Comey will have helped a lot. For some reason, this email scandal resonated with people that weren't listening before.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Man, ole Rudy is a heck of a speaker, never heard him before!! He's speaking now at the Trump Rally, thought he was in Elko speaking but I think I got confused, lol, watt's new!!

Dang, Rudy's speech was awesome! He had some awesome stuff to say about the FBI that evidently, now the "left" or at least hillary's minions are putting down, figures!!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.