Twenty Dead In Texas Church Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Mike Dobra, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Unless a person is a hunter or going to a range, most likely they would never see a concealed weapon on a person. That is why they call it "concealed". OTOH, there are areas of the U.S. where "open carry" is totally legal. In that, you would definitely see the holster and gun.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I probably have been in some open carry states but just haven't seen any, maybe because im not looking.

I'm thinking in Indiana my husband had open carry, just a vague memory though

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

It was a 'generalization' Cody. And, yes there are still many safer places to live- for now. The fact remains- in my eyes, that times, people, and places have changed and the past -even yesterday- will never be the same.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Here in Houston, clergymen are being offered free training by professionals. In my own neighborhood two officers that live here, have offered two help with the training for free too. Even some of the gun ranges are offering their services for free as well.

I’ve used guns since I was around 9 or 10, and I go to the gun range at least every other months, but I am thinking of taking the advanced glasses they offer. I never wish to have to do such a thing as draw a gun on anyone, but I would feel worse if I just let something like what happened in that church happen if I had the chance to stop it.

Other than you guys on this forum and a couple of family members, NO one even knows I have a gun, and so far, other than traveling long distances, I leave my gun at home.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't have a gun. My husband had guns and so did my ex.

I wasn't comfortable with my ex having one though...had one bad experience with him when he got drunk that scared the crap out of me.

Alcohol and guns don't mix well in my opinion.

Frank Sanoica and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, having one, and being able to actually shoot someone, can be two very different things.

We love target shooting and keep ours locked in a gun cabinet. If we ever needed one, we’d have to get the keys, unlock the cabinet and go from there.

Could either of us actually shot someone, we just don’t know. However, I think I’d be much less scared to do it than my wife.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yea, if I had a gun...I don't know if I could kill an intruder unless I knew for sure I'd die if I didn't shoot first.

I'd hate to have killed someone who was just going to rob me...

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I might get holloered at for this post, but this is the way my grandmother put it to me.

If you are somewhere by yourself or with others, and all of the sudden someone becomes a threat to one of you, to the point that you “KNOW” that one of you will be dead or dying within seconds, and you do have a way of changing that outcome, what will you do?

I know it’s a lot more complicated than that, but it made the answer much simpler for me.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My brother could, without thinking twice, but he is also “mancho” in some ways. He has already told me he could and I truly believe him.

We have a friend, who served in the infantry in Vietnam and he has told me he could definitely shoot. But, then again, he done his share killing the enemy in Nam.

To protect my wife and I, I’m fairly sure I could. Ok, I could!
    My wife, doubt she could, but if put in the situation, I think she could.

And, no matter if a person is going to harm me or just rob me, with gun in-hand, I shoot! End of story.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

That video is a bit odd...because tho he may have helped he is not the guy being called a hero in the incident...but another guy. Will watch the news at noon see if something has changed.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I don't care who threatens your life or others....if you have a way ...take'em out pronto! I have no interest in guns or any weaponry...but point a gun at me or anyone around me at the at time...you gonna meet your maker...and no remorse !

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Not me...if your enter my domain and your intentions are to rob me ....I am going to cold cock your happy ass with my iron skillet...and dont give a rats ass if you make it or not:p

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My possessions aren't that important...I'd probably tell ya take more...I'm downsizing. :)

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Of course if you threaten my family, I'll kill you twice...just to make sure you're dead.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered