Unbiased News Websites Or News Channels

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Of all the News channels PBS still remains my favorite and in my opinion is the least biased.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

CNN is actually coming off as less biased than any of the others this election series.

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

My take on it is that we as individuals are all biased to varying degrees, and pretty much everything we view in life is subjective, resulting in a tendency to align to a news source, that mostly reflects out own particular bias.

I having slightly left of centre views align with the Guardian Newspaper website but I am fully aware it is biased, as is the BBC channel and web pages which I also use.
    I do look at Putin's own internet channel RT which is ok, if you accept it is heavily biased towards Russia and subject to a lot of it propaganda.

At the end of the day we may get glimpses of the truth decades after the events, but even then it's subject to bias.

My advice would be to take virtually all news with a hefty pinch of salt, and keep taking the happy pills or beverages. ;)

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

One of the websites that I like to use for news is called Caravan to Midnight. If you have ever listened to the Art Bell Show, or George Noorey on Coast to Coast AM, then you may remember John B Wells, who was one of the announcers for C2C.
    About a year ago, he left and started his own website and news channel, and it is only broadcast from there. He does put some of his shows on Youtube; so if you have never listened to Caravan before, this is a good way to check it out.
    You can subscribe for $5 a month and listen to all of his shows. I don't listen all of the time; but when I see something that I am interested in, then I turn it on and listen.
    John B has an incredible radio voice, and he is a great moderator, and he has a variety of different speakers on the program every night.
    The website is www.caravantomidnight.com if you want to check it out, or just look up his youtube channel and try some of the shows that he has on youtube.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I've listened to him often. I miss Art Bell, and my wife and I refer to George Noorey as 'the fake Art Bell."

Yvonne Smith likes this.