Unceasing Prayer

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In 1982, the Today show in New York City scheduled an interview with Reverend Billy Graham. When he arrived at the studio, one of the program's producers informed Graham's assistant that a private room had been set aside for the reverend for prayer before the interview. The assistant said that would not be necessary. The producer expressed shock that the reverend would not want to pray before the interview. The assistant went on to explain that Dr Graham prayed this morning when he woke up, he prayed during his breakfast, he prayed on the ride to the studio, and he will probably be praying during the interview.

Bobby Cole and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I always think that if prayer is the act of 'talking or communing with God', then we really should be doing that through out our whole day, not just at any specific prayer time. The problem with it, is we are walking along with God, then get tripped up and block Him out. I do this like using a tape deck. Put it in when I need Him, then pull it out when I want to do my own thing. I do work hard at correcting this and some days I do much better than others.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Unceasing prayer should be like breathing. A series of short, honest, prayerful dialogs with God....big & small. We breathe out....we breathe God in.