Use Of A Mask

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

No doubt in some parts of Texas have difficulty distinguishing between a bandana and a banana.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Bobby and I have noticed something, and I think that it might be related to the mask wearing. Stores that used to have friendly staff , don’t anymore. It used to be, especially with smaller stores, but even at Walmart, that the cashier was cheerful and said a friendly hello to people. Now, they do not look at you and do not speak to you, and if you speak to them, they say as little as possible back.
    One lady, Bobby asked “How are you today?”, and she gave him a scornful look and said “You tell me !”, and it was pretty obvious that she didn’t want to even reply to people.

It is like the social distancing physically also means social distancing in friendliness with people. Part of it might just be that it is harder to relate to a masked person, but part of it seems to be a resentment (or even hatred) of people who are not wearing a mask. I have a bad heart and lungs, and I need every bit of oxygen I can get, so I don’t wear a mask, because it is hard for me to breathe, as many people are doing that have a need for enough oxygen.
    But even the people who are wearing masks are not talking with each other anymore.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That is so sad Yvonne, over here its totally the opposite, at least in the 'one' store we go to
    So friendly and the same goes for people in the queue. We are getting to know the faces and conversations are taking place
    which helps pass the time.
    There's no cure for some people - keep your distance I say ………. oh, you are …. :p

@Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it is kind of hot! Maybe the Muslims have something going on. All these mysterious woman with just their eyes visible? Makes a man think!:D:D:D:D

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Thus far, I have not donned my mask. I do most of my shopping online but I do occasionally go into a store. Our grocery store required a mask the first day after the governor made them mandatory. Apparently, they decided that it wasn't their job to police the governor's order so they don't require it any longer. I considered it since I have a (useless) mask but decided not to, telling them I'd shop online. Now, they do have someone outside reminding people of the order, but they add, "It' up to you. We aren't enforcing it." Mask-wearing is about 50% from what I am told, although it seemed less than that the last time I was in there. We have a neighborhood grocery where no one wears a mask other than the one employee. I did stop at the Tractor Supply Company, where I have spent a lot of money over the years, and they weren't letting anyone in without a mask. Pointing out that there is nothing they sell, that I need, which I can't get from one of a couple of other places which don't enforce the silly order, I left. My objective now is to see if I can get through this nonsense without ever wearing a mask.

Whenever I mention stores that aren't requiring it, here or on Facebook, I have decided not to name them, since there are people who have come to enjoy the Soviet experience of being able to turn in their neighbors and local businesses.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I do not wear a mask unless I am going into a store because it is mandatory when I leave the store it comes off. We have never seen this stupidity before and if not for the media and medical mafia we would not have to wear masks. The only reason the people are wearing it because of the law and the lemming effect.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Republican Governor Doug Burgum of North Dakota.

Maybe it's time someone sit some people down and tell them to grow up. Just my opinion.

Michigan State House

upload_2020-5-26_15-21-1.png

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in Harris County, and I can assure you there is no shortage of dumbasses here. But in defense of "bananas," that was a typo by KPRC NBC Channel 2, not Harris County. :D I have seen no one wearing any fruit as a protection device.

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I think a lot of the "essential" workers are just tired and probably a little resentful that they are working extra shifts while others are lounging at home getting $600 a week for doing nothing (plus UI benefits.) I know that would make me a little cranky. Plus dealing with nutjobs and rude people all day for minimum wage...ugh.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

I am seriously sorry, , @Beth Gallagher ; but after your response to my “banana joke”, I totally had to add this to the mix....... I think that it belongs.

50638B84-791B-4A75-BF56-E7A7017ECB5A.jpeg

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart
    Great video The US needs more like him.
    Republican Governor Doug Burgum of North Dakota.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

:D I hope you know you had no reason to apologize, Yvonne!! That banana joke was a big deal here, especially on the rival TV networks!!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

I was teasing you back, @Beth Gallagher ! You just couldn’t see my wicked little grin as I posted that meme.....

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

If your eyes are not covered with goggles that seal around your eyes, that mask does you no good if some diseased person blows virus laced droplets in your face.The purpose of a mask is to break your cough or sneeze which can be also broken by doing such in your elbow and away from others. Social distancing seems very UNSOCIAL to me, ha ha ha! I learned many years ago from a neurologist/virologist that shaking hands, high 5, kissing, and other body to body contact was the biggest spreader of germs and viruses. The disease is Covid19, the virus is SARS-CoV-2. While it is a very deadly virus for many, it is also a fragile virus and easily killed.