Using A Spiralizer, Who Has One Of These?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I spiralized a zucchini this morning, sliced some onion really thin, and sautéed it in a little butter. I sprinkled it with garlic salt. I had it with my scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast. It was really good. And look, Mom, no carbs! I will definitely be doing that again. Zucchini doesn't have much taste by itself but it goes well with whatever you flavor it with.

I don't use my food processor often but it makes the best pimento cheese I have ever tasted.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to grate zucchini, drain a lot of the liquid out, then saute with onions. Yummy.

3. Shirley Martin

Registered

But, @Beth Gallagher , spiralizing is a lot more funner than grating. Besides, I don't like pink zucchini. :D

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I just don't like the "never ending pile of string" feeling with spiralized veggies, Shirley. :D

5. Shirley Martin

Registered

I admit I did take my fork and sort of chop it on my plate.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not been doing much spiralizing, but I was watching a video about making sweet potato noodles, and I think that I might want to try that. This morning, I sliced all the veggies that I will need for our chicken stir fry later, and had an extra bag to freeze for the next time we have stir fry, or even for fajitas, it would work , maybe.
    I shredded carrots for my salads, too, because I always like carrots; but not having to shred them and then clean up the shredder.

This spiralized sweet potato recipe is made with one of the crank spiralizers, but the result should be the same.

Von Jones likes this.