Very Interesting News / Suggestions For Our Area

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Gloria, this is extremely true! When we lived in Colorado before, I worked in Denver for a senior healthcare company. I was talking to a delivery driver in our department and in the conversation "age" came up. She was in her mid 30's and I was 51. I said (kiddingly) something to the fact of, "come back and see me in when you are 51" and she said "if I don't straighten myself up and chose better friends, I won't be around a year from now."

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

This could be true, Ken, but last night (it was already dark), on our way home from supper, we seen two officer pull-overs. One pull-over was actually two patrol cars with their red/blue lights flashing and officer talking to vehicle driver. The other pull-over was one patrol car with lights on as well, behind another vehicle.

I still formerly believe, since we've been here and talked to some of the Seniors here, there are those in this city that don't care of Seniors at all. The younger generation can/does drive fast and absolutely hate pulling up behind a slow-driving (speed limit) Senior. They will tail-gate that Senior, which we've had happen ourselves, then fly around the Senior and go 10 or more mph over the speed limit.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Another complaint about Baby Boomers, and older, here: The city of Loveland is making preparations to widen Eisenhower Blvd to three lanes starting in 2020. The city put this on Facebook. One young replier stated, "Why widen it, just don't let any more Baby Boomers move here and get the ones already here out. They are the ones creating all of the traffic problems, driving the speed limit that others don't anymore/anywhere. These old people are a real nuisance to our city and community."

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe having the police hang outside bars at closing time, and ordering anyone who attempts to drive to take a sobriety test, is called entrapment.

Bess Barber and Tom Galty like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, what this thread is now about is what a young person is saying about widening a major street here. He is basically insulting all Baby Boomers and early generation and blaming them for all of the driving problems here. However, Seniors here say none of these problems started happening until all of the young fast-paced folks moved here. "They ruined our city" they say.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Why are you concerned about what an uneducated youngster is posting on some random website?

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

When I said "young person", I didn't mean a high school age kid or younger. He is a young adult of about 30 or so (from his FB picture within his posting). Also, neither of us know his educational level. He could be a college grad with a Masters, right? He posted his remark on Facebook as a reply to the city council here talking about widening our main street. As he stated it "Widen Eisenhower Blvd, why? Just don't let any more Baby Boomers (or older) move here and get rid of the ones that are living here. They cause all of our traffic problems."

And, due to what he stated in his posting, it just verified more how many of the younger generation here feel about the Baby Boomers and older that live here. Just like the statement that this thread was about in my first posting.

Guess the local newspaper wants to know how people who live here think (post) of different things going on, involving city council decisions.

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You're missing the point Cody. if he was educated he wouldn't be blaming baby boomers for anything, instead he'd be thanking the good lord that Baby Boomers are responsible for his good education, his freedom of speech, and providing the money and taxes it took to build the city of Loveland in the first place...so you can take it as read, that this guy is uneducated for sure...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Holly, do you know that there are those younger generations that don't like old folks? Yes, believe it or not, there is. Not all of the young population here, but there are those that don't.

A young rapper, by the name of Post Malone, was interviewed and asked about all of his facial tattoos. He said, "I got them to piss my mom off", and he was totally serious about his answer.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think here in American especially, by the time a kid hits puberty, they know it all. The generations before us did, we did and the kids that are coming up do.
    That said, it went way overboard when it came to our generation. If it is looked at properly, we baby boomers started a rebellion and this generation is just an extension of what we started. I mean, wasn’t it our generation who said, “do not trust anyone over 30”? Didn’t we kick drug abuse into high gear? Wasn’t it our generation who brought on the thong, long hair and massive obesity?
    If I remember back, I think our generation hated everything that those before us cherished so it isn’t a stretch to believe that those younger than us are a little more than leery about we seniors.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh so, so right, Bobby! Absolutely great reply!

Bobby Cole likes this.