Was George Floyd An Innocent Victim?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Faye Fox, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think Floyd was even a victim of police brutality. The problem I see in discussing this is defining what is brutality. The mere handcuffing of a criminal or their imprisonment is defined as brutality by some. The focus of brutality is taken off guys like Floyd that pistol whipped and terrorized a pregnant woman among other crimes and put on the cops that try to bring them to justice. Let's look at what really happened to Floyd as documented by autospy.

If you studied the videos of the Floyd restraint, you could see that the cop wasn't putting enough pressure against his wind pipe to choke him. He had the pressure against the side of his neck, not his windpipe, If Floyd's windpipe was shut off enough to kill him, he could have never uttered the words, "I can't breathe." No sound was ever heard that indicated he was being strangled. The position of the cops knee wasn't one that would shut off his windpipe. If you disagree, have someone choke you, shutting off your windpipe, and record your attempts to even make sounds, let alone utter words clearly.

I was assaulted from the back and the guy's arm was shutting off my windpipe and I couldn't say a word, only make low amplitude wheezing sounds. Luckily, I instinctively used a martial arts move to break free, turned and ram my fingers into his eyes and then run to safety. I know from first hand experience that people being choked don't talk.

Floyd died from affixation because he had taken an overdose of fentanyl. The autopsy report makes this clear. No sign of trauma to his windpipe, serious enough to cause death, was found when the autospy was analyzed by several legal pathologist. Yes, he died while being restrained by the cop, but only because of the fentanyl overdose that restricted his breathing.

Another example is the recent event where the Marine restrained a guy whacked out on fentanyl. The autospy report is purposely not being released because it will show this guy was way overdosed on fentanyl. Notice that the marine never had his arm over the guys windpipe, but at the side of his neck and his elbow was where the guys windpipe was and allowed the guy to breathe.

Fentanyl makes breathing difficult. The message I hear loud and clear, is to never restraint anyone acting crazy or violent because if they are overdosed on fentanyl, they may die. Even handcuffing them and putting them in the back of the police vehicle might cause their death.

Recently in our area, the documented medical fact that restraining anyone on fentanyl may kill them, was brought home loud and clear. A boy wrestler had taken some pill that was laced with fentanyl. He was wrestling in his yard with a friend, when he suddenly stopped breathing and died.

Let's put the focus on the fentanyl crisis where it belongs, not the police that are trying to bring criminals to justice.

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/drugfacts/fentanyl#:~:text=When people overdose on fentanyl,brain damage, and even death.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  2. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

It's seems like an obvious observation, that for the vast percentage of occasions, if you do nothing wrong the police don't bother you.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a copy of the report from the hospital where George Floyd was taken, showing that the only cause of death was from a drug overdose. Also, you can see that the blood tests were done “antemortem” and not “postmortem” , and they happened at 9pm that night; so he was not dead when taken to the hospital, as we have been led to believe.

IMG_5203.jpeg

4. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The cops were not just "Not Right." They are murdering scum - worse than non officers, because they took an oath to uphold the law.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  5. Tony Nathanson

Registered

Not quite that simple. If you do something wrong, police don't have the right to murder you.

6. Chris Ladewig

Registered

Tony Nathanson did you read Yvonne Smiths post ? I believe in the law even though at times it has not been to my advantage. And it is that simple. If there's an intruder in my home I sure as hell want a cop to show up.

7. Tony Nathanson

Registered

There is no way to justify choking a HANDCUFFED suspect for 9 minutes. That's why Dirtbag Derek was convicted & is in prison where he belongs.
    Floyd's criminal record (much like Rodney King's) is completely irrelevant. A cop's job is to arrest, not decide what punishment a suspect deserves - AFTER he's handcuffed.
    Equally irrelevant: The fact that you want a cop to protect you. We all want cops to protect us. But we can't have sadistic murderers protecting us.

8. Chris Ladewig

Registered

OK!!!!!! You didn't change my mind but, you are entitled to your believes, many good men have died for your right to. I don't believe in such wide spread generalizations. There is bad and good in all

9. Tony Nathanson

Registered

One other issue: You said "If there's an intruder in my home I sure as hell want a cop to show up."
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but The Supreme Court ruled that cops have NO obligation to protect anyone:

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/...e Court has,no specific obligation to protect.

https://ehlinelaw.com/blog/do-police-have-a-duty-to-protect-me

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

George Floyd was NOT CHOKED! He was face down and the officers knees were in a restraint hold on his shoulders and back and nothing about that position will shut off the windpipe as the autospy bore out. The 3rd degree murder conviction was based on the officer holding the restraint position much too long which would not have caused Floyds death, except he was high on fentanyl. The only reason the conviction wasn't manslaughter, was to appease the mod mentality that was threatening to tear apart the USA if anything less than murder was given.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Tony Nathanson

Registered

^^^^ Nice try. But desperate as well as not valid.

12. Chris Ladewig

Registered

I don't want them to protect me I want them to verify it was self defense

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It seems clear to me that he was not choked to death. When someone tells you that they "can't breathe," they are not being factual. Speaking involves the expelling of air, and you can't expel air if you can't bring it in. Clearly, he was breathing.

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Back when all of this first happened, we had another thread about George Floyd, and it is in the conspiracy section, since it has information that was held back from mainstream news, and also has some unproven things there, as happens in the conspiracy section.
    One of the things that I had read before was that this was pre-planned, because George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked together at the same nightclub.

The journalist who investigated everything and interviewed some of the other people present found the same information from her interviews; so it does seem unlikely that this was all just coincidental.
    Here is the link for the other thread about George Floyd.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/what-really-happened-with-george-floyd.15757/

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Tony Nathanson

Registered

They'll most likely make an arrest & leave it up to the courts & the D.A.
    Police's real function is knowing who to call to clean up the mess - afterwards.
    It is rare for police to prevent a crime; they can't be there during a crime.
    The "Protect And Serve" we see on most police vehicles is a phrase coined in the 50's to provide an illusion of protection.
    The school shooting in Uvalde where officers did nothing for 90 minutes & the L.A. riots where police left the scene were examples of that.