Was George Floyd An Innocent Victim?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Faye Fox, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Police would not waste their time.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure am getting tired of explaining things to the conspiracy theorists who think Chauven is not guilty.

Tom Galty and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Weird Tom but my references say that passing a counterfeit note in the U.K. is rarely a non-custodial offense. In other words, there’s little chance of probation for the person who either has possession of or passes a bogus note. They go to jail.

5. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

^^^^ Cop Out :D

6. Tony Nathanson

Registered

They know he's guilty. They often have cops in their families & are biased.

7. Tony Nathanson

Registered

Uh......except for one omission: Once a suspect is handcuffed, the "Meth Argument" is meaningless.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Your pleas haven’t gone unnoticed Richard even though your arbitration of the matter might seem to be so.

The matter that disturbs most people isn’t whether or not Derek is guilty but rather, guilty of what?
    Did he deliberately murder George Floyd? You would have people believe so but the charges in no way indicated that nor was he found guilty of intentionally killing someone.

The word “murder” brings out the worse scenario in people’s minds even though in legal terms, there’s murder with and without intent.
    Now, whether or not Chauven is actually guilty of killing Floyd is still in debate even after the jury’s verdicts but that said, his actions certainly aided in the death of the near life long criminal.

To me, the one single thing that Derek is guilty of is that BECAUSE he was a well trained MP and also a well trained cop, he should have had better control of himself and the situation. Because he didn’t, the result was the death of a someone he was detaining, for which he should indeed have to pay a price.

As always seems the case, the rhetoric either way hasn’t been close to being on topic. The topic didn’t ask if Derek Chauven was guilty of a crime, the OP asked if George Floyd was an innocent victim?
    Now, as a lay person who only sees and hears what is out there for evidence, I’d say that George Floyd was as guilty as they come and if he hadn’t died, he would probably be in prison or at the very least, be out on probation and awaiting someone to shoot him between the eyes for being an idiot.

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Everyone's mind is made up so it's pointless to argue. It just causes hard feelings, kind of like arguing with a democrat. :D

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I know he's guilty. I am a police supporter but I'm intelligent enough to realize that police are people, with all the moral failings of the rest of us. You are making a broad generalization that does not apply.

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

You just admitted that you’ve never seen a fired up man (or woman) on Meth or STP or you wouldn’t have even made such an absurd statement.
    I saw how much it took to take down a guy in a hospital with handcuffs AND ankle bracelets on so don’t even come out with the “meaningless” stuff.
    In real life, your statement is meaningless.

I answered Three questions and made a singular statement of inquiry and there’s no way a person could bastardize those answers with a snipe from the peanut gallery but somehow you managed to do so.

Faye Fox likes this.
  12. Tony Nathanson

Registered

You just admitted you haven't seen the video of a prone George Floyd, lying motionless on the ground while Dirtbag Derek sat on him for 9 minutes.
    If Floyd was on Meth, it obviously wasn't working.
    Or, more likely, you don't see what you don't want to see.

13. Tony Nathanson

Registered

If you really think Derek Chauvin is innocent, how many letters have you written to the Governor, asking him to correct this "Terrible Injustice" of an innocent hero cop sent to prison?

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Wow, just wow.
    Do you have some problem with reading that you find hard to admit? Please tell me you’re legally blind.

Where, in the many discourses I have been involved with on this forum since the day after the actual incident occurred have I written that he is innocent?
    C’mon dude, WHERE?
    Where did I write that Derek is a hero?
    Where did I write that he is innocent?

Put your glasses on and READ for a change instead of being half assed and sniping at something that isn’t there anywhere on this forum!!!
    If accusing me of something I didn’t write is anything akin to your analytical skills dealing with the Floyd case, you might wish to back up a tad and take a test to determine your cognitive abilities.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yup….saw ‘em all.
    And yup, again, George Floyd had a reputation.

Face it Tony.
    You hate cops.
    You really don’t care about George Floyd or Derek Chauven, you just like to see a cop, guilty or innocent get whacked. It really doesn’t make any difference to you one way or the other just as long as another cop is out.

What probably thrills you most is if Chauven is put in population he’s probably going to be murdered. Makes ya feel good all over doesn’t it?
    (sends that little tingle up your leg kind of thing)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Faye Fox likes this.