We Are Struggling Today

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here’s the rub. My equipment was not only used to do the odd jobs around the house that I like to do, but to earn that extra money by renovating a few homes that were damaged by the ne’er-do-wells who destroyed them.
    It’s an oxymoron in that people who do not want to work steal another person’s capability to work and make money legally. At least the thieving druggies have their drugs to show for it, however temporary that might be.

A few trusted neighbors plus a few other people outside the neighborhood are keeping their ears and eyes open in order to find the culprits. I am sure they will be found but I am not sure of my own actions when I find out. At this point, calculating my options of action, calling the police again is down on my list by a considerable measure.
    It’s not a matter of vengeance or any such nonsense but rather an attempt to show a stand which might somehow unite the good neighbors we have and get rid of those who do not wish to live in peace.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I came across this, a line of products from Guardline, that seems to be more than reasonably priced. Is this something that might help? I know it says driveway alarms, but I'm thinking they could be used elsewhere as well.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have the little security camera working right now (thanks to some help from The Guruette -Robin) and Bobby is going to install that today. We are going to order another one and then have one in the shop and one that shows the driveway, and as we can afford to get them, we will probably add more cameras that show the back yard.
    The app is installed on our phones, and it is supposed to alert us if something moves and triggers the camera. We got the camera because, every so often kids (or someone) gets into the car, throws things around and steals the change, leaving the pennies. There is never very much change in there; but we thought if we had a camera that showed the driveway and car, we could at least tell who was doing it. We figured it was probably the kids who live behind us, and Bobby was going to have a word with their parents once we knew for sure who was responsible.
    Obviously, it was not the neighbor kids who stole all of Bobby’s tools, but it is possible that they were in the shop and told someone what was in there.
    We even found the house key and are going to start locking up the house when we are gone; so you know we are getting pretty serious about this whole thing.

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole, I am sorry to hear about your shop invasion and loss of your tools. I will be praying that they will be found and returned to you, along with your joy and sense of security! God bless you both!

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm so sorry to read about your loss @Bobby Cole and hope you and @Yvonne Smith will be able to recover those tools and your peace and sense of security again too.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Registered

Just to update things a tad. Another neighbor around the corner got hit the night before last. They broke into his garage and took some tools, a $3000.00 bike and a bunch of frozen meat from the freezer.

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Oooh jeez... so your neighbourhood is having a spate of break-ins by the looks of it @Bobby Cole ..perhaps thought it was too easy the first time, ... are the police involved now?

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hate to say this, but I'd really give it some thought about moving.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole , I just connected this with your posts about things being taken from your cars. I think this is the work of a neighbor very close to you and they may have just carried your tools away. I would look close to home. Could it be the work of one family?

Yvonne Smith and Gloria Mitchell like this.
  11. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Well-Known Member
    Registered

Y'all need a neighborhood crime watch !

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, if the neighbors are doing the crimes, that won't help.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have thought the same thing, @Joe Riley . Tootsie barked for several nights last week, and because she always barks at the critters at night, we had stopped running to the back door to check every time she barked.
    We were pretty sure that it was the kids who live behind us that kept getting in the car and stealing the change every so often, and I think that I saw the oldest one jumping out of our yard and over the back fence last summer. It is possible that they made several trips and just didn’t take things that Bobby noticed was gone until the day when all of the large tools weren’t there.
    The car was also ransacked that same night, and it seems to me that it would be a lot of coincidence for that not to be connected.
    Bobby does not think that it was the people behind us, and we don’t have any proof that it was them; but they could pull up in the empty lot that is between us and them and put the tools right over the fence if there were two or more guys doing it. The neighbor has a big work van, and seems to either know or be related to , most of the scruffy-type people around this whole neighborhood.
    Interestingly, he was also over to pay rent a day or so later. (Bobby collects the rents for the owner of the rental houses and does the handyman jobs for him.)

Joe Riley likes this.
  14. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Well-Known Member
    Registered

Get your cameras up...then bait and hook'um....:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Look out @Bobby Cole, is that Robin I see coming your way with another security idea?

359402F3-D77E-41DA-8BF8-6B551022F698.jpeg

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  16. Bobby Cole

Registered

Yeah, the police have the bike now but the guy who was riding it got away. My head hurts when I think too hard about that one. Must have been Barney Fife in the squad car.......

Ina I. Wonder likes this.