Westward Toward The Sunset

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the hug @Shirley Martin. It was a major life changer all within minutes.

I carry on with tear drops in my eyes, from wounds that will never heal, with a strength, that can only be awarded from tragedy.

John Nopales and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nothing very exciting happening around here. Overcast days, rain, and wind. I continue to walk daily in between showers. I had all my Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving when the sun was shining.

I went shopping yesterday to get the ingredients for my soup served at my Christmas Eve open (by invitation only) house. By open house, I mean, open from 9 AM to 4 PM to drop by what ever time they can, visit, have some soup or other goodies, or just say hi and bye. So many have so many places to go, that they just drop in for a few minutes, eat some goodies, swap a few stories, and then are off.

It is a no gift gathering, other than I give the soup and small dipping sandwiches, and others bring hors d'oeuvres, candy, and cookies. I am usually worn out by 2 PM. In fact I am getting tired just typing about it. I was going to discontinue this soiree this year, but the fake great nieces swore on my Night Before Christmas book, that they would help more this year. We shall see, but I have my doubts.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I need to apologize and clear the air.

When I ban myself by changing my password and deleted my email for this account, I was unable to get back on SOC to reset my password. I was unable to contact Ken through the Contact link because he doesn't see all the messages that he receives on that link.

Anyway, I started a new account as an experiment to help answer some questions I had concerning how much underground PM discussions there might be going on. I had noticed that my post before banning myself were getting less interactions and it seemed several had me on ignore. I suspected that there were PM cliques here just like other forums that discussed who they would ignore. That account was based on several cousins that had accomplished and done what I put into one character. I didn't continue with that account and have ask Ken to delete it since he changed my email so I could restore this account.

Again I apologize to anyone that felt wronged or deceived by that account, that only Ken should have known was the same IP as this account. I had no plans of continuing with it. Again I am sorry I ever did it. I haven't been deceitful as Faye Fox, but understand if I will be judged by that other experimental account. It did answer a lot of my questions about cliques on this forum and group shunning.

It is everybody's right to dismiss all the things i have posted on this account, said over PM, or by email. I can assure you everything posted on this account is the real me and all my stories of my life are factual. The topics I have discussed are ones I have personal knowledge. Just like anyone else here, there is no way to tell what one post about themselves is true or not. I have posted photos of things i have made and photos of myself that I think makes me more believable than ones that have never posted any photos of their accomplishments.

I would like to hear from all of you how you feel about this. Should I continue here or leave in shame? Will you believe anything I post from now on? Have you ever started an alter ego account with the intention of deceiving folks?

Again I apologize and ask forgiveness to any and all that were wronged by that fictious account which I hope Ken deletes.

John Nopales likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The only thing I'll say is to address the above inference. The only one you were fooling with the alter ego was yourself...it was clear to me who that was, and I doubt that many others were fooled. It's not fair to malign Ken that way. I think he's cut you way more slack that other site owners would. The rest of us don't need the drama.

And you've still not made a clean breast of things. You've not told people who that other identity was. They have a right to know how you were interacting with them while pretending to be someone else. Then they'll know how (or if) they want to vote. As it is, you've just stirred the pot more and not really said anything.

I'll just vote "Present." I'm sorry I gave you this much attention, but since you asked, those things needed to be said.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

That account was Holly Woods. I didn't malign Ken to my knowledge. He knew immediately who it was and i stopped using it and wanted it deleted. I didn't fool myself at all. I know who I am. I guess that we could say anyone that doesn't use their real name is posting under an altered ego. Faye is my real name, but Fox isn't and I won't use my real last name on a public forum for reasons no older single woman should have to explain. Again sorry for the drama that effected you.

John Nopales likes this.
  6. John Brunner

One more thing, since you've mentioned "being ignored" before...

I took a look at your activity when you made that statement last May. Here's what I found:

-You had a handful of threads in January & February that were moderately-to-highly active.
    -You started no threads at all in March
    -You started 1 thread in April (Extinction of Pin Up Girls), and it got busy with 30 replies
    -You started these 2 threads in early May
    --Lamest Jokes From Your Childhood with 15 replies already when you complained about being ignored!
    --Vanishing Art of Truck Driving with 23 replies already when you complained about being ignored!

At this point you complained about a lack of attention. It's just not true, and you got many of the good people here feeling sorry for you when we're all here to interact as adults. In the meantime, you repay their compassion by coming here incognito and interacting as some sort of Undercover Boss.

Before you report me for abusing the Mod Tools...any member can get this info about any other member who has not made their Profile private.

Here is a link to my Profile.
    Here are all the comments I have made.
    Here are all the threads I have started.

7. John Brunner

You said "...that only Ken should have known was the same IP as this account." That infers that he shared it with others and that's how you got called out.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. John Brunner

You really need to support this. Once again, you've stirred the pot with other members here who might actually believe what you wrote. There are no "Ignore Cliques" here or any other cliques, and you cannot leave others with the impression that there are. It's all made up.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We all would have been happy to have you on this forum, @Faye Fox , as just being a regular person, like the rest of us present ourselves to be.
    It was not necessary to lie about things to try and always be the expert at everything, or suffered the most in life, or tell us about the awards you said you won.

Both Bobby and I also recognized the Holly Woods persona as sounding just like you, just like John Brunner did, and probably several other people did.
    When you were told you could only have one active persona here, you then came back with the Faye West persona, which Ken thankfully caught right away before you had time to develop yet another iteration of yourself.

I totally agree with @John Brunner that Ken has given you a lot more leeway than any other forum admin would have done. The only other people who have had more than one profile here are people who lost their password and made a new account in order to ask for help to restore the original account, not because they wanted to create a whole new character with a new life story.

You have photoshopped pictures and posted them as pictures of yourself, which when done to deceive, by describing them as actually you, , is completely unfair to the other people on the forum, who are all trying to be honest about ourselves with what we post here.
    You pass yourself off as their friend, while lying to those very people.

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you monitor and read all PM's? If not you have no knowledge if there are PM cliques or not.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

And neither do you!!! YOU made the statement that there are!!!!!

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m not trying to pile up on ya Faye because frankly, after hearing thousands of stories from homeless people, I can take a lot of fabrications like water off a ducks back.

BUT…….when someone, anyone exhibits stolen valor, that is where I draw the line. You tried to take credit that you do not deserve which to me, is a dishonor to those who died in that piece of crap country. They were there, I was there…..you weren’t.
    Nothing you have done, nothing you have seen nor in your worse nightmare can you even possibly know what real combat vets both alive and dead had to deal with.
    It’s a disgrace.

Nuff said.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Let's bring this to a close. I am sorry for any and everything anyone thought I lied about and posted to deceive. The photos of the radios, guitars and other things I have made were mine. All photos were of me if I claimed they were and yes, I photoshopped them on different backgrounds to enhance them. I do have knowledge and experience of what I posted about under this account and it wasn't being a know it all.

Again sorry and I ask forgiveness from all and see no reason to continue here and thanks to all for finally saying what you felt. Sorry that my presence here effected many of you in such a bad way. With that I depart in peace.

John Nopales likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Greeters do not have access to IP numbers or other identifying information not available to regular members, just for the record.

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I get that Bobby, but as I said before, that account was based on one of my cousins that did serve as a combat nurse. I don't have any idea about the horrors of combat first hand, but as I posted years ago, I did watch the cloest person in life to me burn alive when I was 14. I can still hear the screams and smell the burning flesh. I have suffered PTSD for almost 60 years now over that horrible day. Perhaps you have witnessed the same and can relate.

Again I ask for forgiveness and don't believe anything I have posted on that account or this one is an unforgiveable sin. That is all I can do!

John Nopales likes this.