What Are Your Thoughts On The Impeach Trump Movement?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Looking at this, it seems to me that his team may be the Democrats. I was hoping he would clarify the issue.

Al Amoling likes this.
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Just heard this American University Professor on this subject and this book.

Blames the Dems for their lack of courage and timidity to go forward with this Impeachment. I'm not going to read the book as I got enough from hearing the Prof and reading the link here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_for_Impeachment

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin
    I was considering not answering this op, but reconsidered after scanning the link. I am convinced that this man:

"Distinguished Professor of History Allan Lichtman arguing for the impeachment of Donald Trump."

Would far better serve both the university as well as the American public by focusing and concentrating his efforts on how to better teach, than by writing a book for profiteering by exploiting ridiculous foibles attached to President Trump.

"The Financial Times gave The Case for Impeachment a positive review, writing: "Lichtman's powerful book is a reminder that we are only at the start of the Trump investigations."[1]The Washington Post called it "striking to see the full argument unfold".[2]New York Journal of Books recommended it as a resource, "if you are a member of Congress trying to grapple with all that this administration has wrought".[3]CounterPunch characterized the work as "a brilliant analysis of every fraudulent act".[5]The Hill gave the author praise, writing: "Lichtman has written what may be the most important book of the year." "

The above quotation lends further credence to the ever-present lambasting of our Presidency by the media, which attempts to "drive" John Q. Public's opinions to their benefit.

I wouldn't read his book if it were required reading, were I one of his students!
    Frank

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

They've got nothing and never will have anything.

It's time they stop throwing temper tantrums and being a bunch of cry babies.

They need to get their sorry butts back to work and do what they are supposed to be there for.

impeachment.jpg

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Their temper tantrums are like that of a trapped rat. They have no chance only hoping for someone to come to their rescue. They go on TV ,write books and hit the news media. Trying to sway public opinion, only people are waking up. Thinking now and questioning these reasons for attacking a lawfully elected president. The reason is they are afraid of being exposed for what they have been doing to the people for many years.

6. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Give some people a little "might be" "could have" "alleged to" in an article and off they go believing that to be fact.

The thread Master Tax Evader President is a good example. I guess learning that tax evasion has a time limit wasn't responded to since that was a enough learning.

This thread IMO belongs in the humor section. None of the citations in this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_for_Impeachment make the case. They only point out the might be sceanario.

But hey bashing Trump is something to keep actually wanting his policies to succeed.

Beth Gallagher and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Question: I see no good reason to impeach now or in the near future
    because the Senate would not convict as long McConnal is a Senator
    and maybe not if he's gone. I agree there is enough to charge him and
    maybe convict if the Senate were in agreement. But McConnel wouldn't
    allow it and McConnel's boss works for the President.

8. Joy Martin

Registered

Yes, it all so complex but "HE" sure is not an honor student and citizen in the eyes/minds of millions.

9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes impeach the only president who gave tax brakes, lower unemployment, stopped possible wars, improved the economy, returned businesses to the US and wants to crack down on corruption. Of course the corruption wants him impeached before they go to jail. Oh yes GITMO is still open for business.

Chris Ladewig and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

We don't need tax breaks, we need dto fix our infrastructure. he's about to start a war in South America and in Iran, I see no netreturn of business to the US. Crack down on corruption? In my opinion he is corrupt, Has been corrupt since going into business as a young man. Being corrupt is in his DNA. The corruption is equally bad in republican party if not more so. It looks more so to me. Gizmo s would have been closed years ago.

Frank Sanoica and Joy Martin like this.
  11. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

And you are going to post the verifiable facts making impeachment possible right.

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

No, not at all. If you watch television at all other than Fox no need to post; its on the air every day. Turn on your TV. Or look what's known about the mueller report. One need not have it spelled out for him. You might say those are democrat mouth pieces. The Repubs have their mouth pieces. Fox could hardly be a mouth piece in my opinion. Fox is a propaganda factory .
    But it is the democrats who are talking impeachment. They think they have enough. I agree.
    I don't, however, think it wise at this time. This is not a debate, merely stating my opinion in a conversation forum.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

And what about the president's so called friends serving time trying to save him. Yeah, no jobs have returned, I don't see factories rushing back here.

And when Trump was running and was promising this and that and how so many fell for his promises, unbelievable, I'm not a highly educated book person but believe I have a lot of common sense, and telling the voters he would bring back the jobs, bullroar I said, that's not going to happen. And how he snowed so many. And that Mexico would pay for his wall...again bullroar. And THEY believed him.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some of you are talking about impeachment as if it were a legal proceeding. Although couched in the language of a court trial, impeachment is purely a political matter. When one party has a large enough majority in the House and are willing to take the political fallout from impeachment, they can impeach. If the same party has a large enough majority in the Senate, they can vote to remove the president, regardless of what he did or did not do. Yes, in the process of impeachment, a charge is filed but it is a political process nevertheless.

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin
    But how can the fact unemployment stands at the lowest point in 48 years be explained?

Chance? Coincidence? No such chance during the past 48 years.
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.