What Dem For Potus

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Tom Galty, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

no no Tom Chelsea is in early stages of Hillaryitis.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The top four leaders in the race are all white millionaires. Bloomberg, Biden, Steyer, Sanders. I wonder what percentage of the black vote they will get?

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a democrat and haven't seen a candidate yet I'd want to vote for, democrat or republican. Still looking.

5. Yvonne Smith

Here is another interesting scenario, this one is at the Biden rally in South Carolina . First of all, you can see that this is NOT a very large group of people, especially compared to the huge crowds that President Trump draws at his rallies , everywhere he speaks.
    President Trump has thousands of people attending, and the pictures from the Democratic candidates seem to show only a few hundred people (if that many) at their rallies.
    These people who are protesting are not Trump supporters heckling Biden, these are the Hispanic people who supposedly support having a Democrat for president, and you can see that they are totally objecting to things that Obama and Biden did when Obama was president.

Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The favorite Democrat in my lifetime was FDR. I was born during his first term.

Hal

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Booker has "suspended" his campaign. :rolleyes: I guess those zero polling numbers finally registered with supporters.

Fox News:
    New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker on Monday suspended his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination after struggling since the start to break into the top tier and failing to make the cut for the upcoming debate.

“It’s with a full heart that I share this news -- I’ve made the decision to suspend my campaign for president,” Booker said in an email to supporters.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

So who will it be …… Biden, Sanders, or Warren?

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I can't imagine either of them being taken seriously. One of them will be, however. That doesn't mean it has to make sense, though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

And from Bernie... :rolleyes:

Newsweek Reports:
    Asked who was on his running mate shortlist, the Vermont senator said: "All right, let me just say this. I think it's a little bit premature. It will not be an old white guy."

"I think Joe [Biden] has had eight years as vice president: probably enough," Sanders added. "I believe in diversity. I believe and know that my administration and my cabinet will look like America looks like. I'm not going to tell you who it's going to be."

The second place Democratic primary candidate said his team "haven't considered" who would be vice president in his administration, but added: "The country is long overdue for the kind of diversity that we're going to bring to the White House."

Although Sanders declined to say who he would pick as his running mate, the Vermont senator has previously said Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York would have a "very important role" in his White House, should he win the presidency.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

If I picked one it would have to be Bloomberg.

12. Yvonne Smith

It is still possible that they are looking at someone who is still not openly considered as a candidate, possibly Michelle Obama. A lot of longtime Democrats are doing the “Walkaway” thing, and the size of the rallies are pitiful compared to the size and enthusiasm of President Trump’s rallies.
    Here is a picture of Biden’s rally, and one of Trump in Ohio last week.

A0A5B335-641D-4043-AFB8-C52EE57847F7.jpeg 27AE788B-BA55-4E46-BF50-34AFB3A3C329.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith I think Michelle Obama may very well be the dark horse. Recently, she did the whole tour of China with Jenna (George Bush's daughter). I'm sure the Bush's hate Trump due to all the insults at Jeb. Anyway, what an odd pairing of travel mates. She is the only one who has a chance at winning against Trump.

Tom Galty likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

What if Michelle chose Meghan Markle as a running mate ? She was born and raised here in California, and she has close ties with Hillary Clinton, so I think that might explain the move back here, if something like this was a possibility.
    Even , one of the other Democrat hopefuls could look at Meghan, although it sounds like Bernie and AOC might have something worked out. But she is still too young to even be considered as a VP.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

booker.jpg
    Cory Booker, heading home.