What Did Your Parents Hide From You?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

The fact my brother was murdered

just before my Aunt died she revealed ….the truth “ in 2018 ……..that my brother was rapped and suffocated during the rape ( in 1964)
    He was 14 and in a reform school.

My mother and step father always had us all believe he died as a result of his heath issue
    which was epilepsy

2. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can't give this a Like, because it's awful (and we have only Likes available). But ... how terrible. Geez.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My parents hid anything that didn't flatter them. Especially my mom.
    When I was 12, she told me we will be having a guest from Israel staying with us for a few days. When she arrived, I thought, "Hmmm, she looks like my sister." She wasn't friendly to our mom & I found out why five years later. She was my mom's daughter from her first marriage. My mom abandoned her when she was 5 months old & had the marriage annulled. Years later, when my mom was on her deathbed, her daughter came to visit her & she wanted nothing to do with her. My mom's nurse was shocked. I explained to the nurse that it was par for the course for her. My mom wasn't a nice person; an abusive raging witch. She was also a user. She took advantage of mentally-handicapped people, often hiring them to do home repairs & paying them next-to-nothing, while claiming she was "rehabilitating them."

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Sex! I still don't know what I am doing.:rolleyes:
    Oh, and they never fought in front of the children.

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not much ,she just told us what was. She always had her 38 with her and we always knew not to touch it, we lived in the woods and the city, mostly woods. I've seen her more than once give some trespasser a 'serios' warning. People would steal into our property to fish in our lake or hunt.

Mary Stetler likes this.