What Do You Miss While Dieting?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I have been trying to eat sensibly for a while, not necessarily on a strict diet, the one thing that I miss the most is something that I would not eat regularly anyhow - chips and dip.

I'm not talking about a small, individual-sized bag of chips, as I could probably fit one of those into pretty much any diet plan. What I miss is eating a family-size bag of chips with French onion dip.

When I give into that, I start to feel sick about halfway through the bag but I miss being able to eat potato chips and dip in bulk. When I was in the twenties, and maybe even into my thirties, I could eat a family-sized bags of potato chips and dip in a night without either getting sick or gaining weight, and that's what I miss most.

It's not my favorite food, but it's the one I miss most while eating sensibly, perhaps because it's pretty hard to fit a family-sized bag of potato chips and French onion dip into any kind of a diet.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe make ur own dip..use baked chips or pita chips
    Still no family size bag in one setting.
    I do not diet anymore. Once u elemenate foods...that is what your going to want to eat. Since I got sick am watching salt which is in everything:(

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, that's not the same thing. That wouldn't satisfy.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Most chips, being deep-fried, are horribly calorie-intense to begin with. I, too, loved (still love) them, but have simply refrained from eating any for what seems like years now. From time to time though, lately, I have asked myself whether it makes sense at 75 to deny a simple gastronomic pleasure, thinking it might make me croak sooner!
    Frank

Ken Anderson and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Chips are my downfall.

I did buy a bag yesterday but unsalted and 40% reduced fat. The calories are still there when you eat a 5 or 8 serving bag in almost a day but on those days I don't eat my dinner but even that doesn't save me from going over.

I should just not buy the bag because I know I can't eat just one serving..or even 2. :(

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This is the bag I bought yesterday....only about 1 or 2 servings left in the 8 serving bag.

Calories where 140 per serving...sodium 0.

IMG_1902.JPG

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I miss absolutely nothing because I really don't diet anymore. I may cut down on the portion size of something I'm eating if I know it's not as good for my health as other things I eat...but I don't stop eating anything that I really like to eat unless it has bad side effects for me because of my IBS.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

At least don't also eat dip @Ken Anderson ...that's just too much!

On occasion I buy unsalted tortilla chips and dip in salsa or guacamole but at least the salsa I buy is pretty low calorie and TJs has an unsalted one which is very good or you could make your own fresh salsa.