What Is Your Online Money Making Method?

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. I've been an online freelance writer for the last 9 years.

2. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I do a lot of blog writing and surveys. Some of them want me to try products and then do reviews or surveys online. Goodblogs, has a network of different blogs you can write articles for and then as your likes increase there is more chances to earn good pay. Many forums need moderators to guard the sites against spammers and to answer questions. While most do not pay anything others can be found by doing web searches that do pay for a certain number of hours. If your a late night worker there are more openings.
    I have sold books to companies that buy them back for school children and collage. I have also parted with lots of unused dvd's and computer games. Sometimes just by doing a few searches you can find quality work. I would like to find a data entry job that does not involve telemarketing or taking orders or customer service. I could sit and fill in forms all day long if such a job was even available.

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"What Is Your Online Money Making Method?"

Don't buy anything on-line.

Frank

4. Why not?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I was simply answering the OP's question. If you buy nothing on-line, you have "made" money, no?

Janice Martin likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a participant with a lot of survey sites. I enjoy being able to put my '2 cents' in and find out a lot about what businesses what to know from the consumers. There are also different ways to earn points such as tasks, wall offers, trial offers, watching videos...

Like @Sandy Wood I'm looking for a steady online data entry position preferably within the healthcare industry but I'm open to suggestions too.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn't intend it as a money-making venture, but I just sold a domain name for $500. I have a bunch of domains that I bought, hoping to do something with them eventually, and I do get around to putting sites on some of them, but often the domain sits for a couple of years first. Well, someone called and said that they are starting a new Maine magazine whose name fits with a domain that I have owned for a few years and hadn't done anything with. I registered it for $7 and renewed it twice, so my investment was $21, and I probably wouldn't have done anything with it anyhow. Some people make a pretty good living buying and selling domains but when you get a couple of hundred of them, the renewal costs add up.

Avigail David and Diane Lane like this.
  8. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter who's keen on writing content on her blogs, she inquired about monetizing it with Adsense. She found out that she must be in the blogging/marketing business for at least 6 months, about 13 and above years old (that's what I heard) and have posted at least 75 contents. She's on her way there.

I wish I could help her with he technological side of online freelancing. You Tube is another monetizing venue.

Diane Lane and Von Jones like this.
  10. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not into writing and I suppose having your own web site might be one way. Reason why I typed that is Pip has his own web site for photographer. It seems interests like yours and Pip's fair out better. My friend's mother was a QVC addict, she passed not long ago and asked if I could get her started on e-bay. She took pictures and had like 6 pages of items. When it was all over with she made $12,00.00. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I have done a good deal of freelance writing, some user testing,surveys a variety of forums that pay in either cash or Amazon cards, some mystery shopping that is mostly online, some blogging, you name it, I have probably done it. I haven't ever tried to sell photographs online, but I have sold items online. They all pay if you are persistent. but unless you really devote yourself to something you are unlikely to derive a full time income from doing it.

12. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

So many times Grame would hand me a can of soup that had a recipe on the back of it she couldn't read even with glasses. I had received a new typewriter for my b-day. Talking with a friend we came up with compiling a book of favorite recipes. (1950's) All done in capital letters, and double spaced. My one aunt was a proofreader at the courthouse and heard of our venture. This was a mail order project with our ads in the local paper. OMG it took off and we were scared. Silly being scared of a little success. Manila envelopes came in with beaten up recipes and can soup recipes. We started off with cheap 3 ring binder notebooks (dressed up with person's name),stacks of typewriter paper, paper dividers, customer's phone numbers. a 3 hole paper puncher. Our fee was charged by the page 50 cents a page. Auntie would look it over, when it was finished we would call the customer, they would come over, or we hand delivered them if in the area. It paid off for kids, anywhere from $5.00-$10.00 a book, plus we even go tips. Grame got a copy what she wanted. She wanted to pay, but one of her home cooked meals was more then payment with us.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm happy to say that I finally accumulated enough points to cash out on YouGov. Now it's just a matter of waiting 4-6 weeks (outrageous, in my opinion) for my gift card to arrive. For the most part, I enjoy their surveys. I also do surveys on Ipsos I-say and Paidviewpoint, as well as PaidViewpoint's sister site InstandCashSweepstakes. Surveys can be very laborious and unrewarding, but those are the sites I can actually stand to do them on. I do some usability tests as well, and have a few shops that have yet to turn a profit.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Before I contemplate doing anything like this....is it worth it? You can PM me if you want. Are all the sites you mentioned legit?

I've never done anything like this so I don't know. I'm in a strange situation...although I would be considered poor with just widow's benefits, I really don't need the money because I don't need anything.

It wouldn't have paid for an A/C unit anyway and those are the kind of expenses I have and thankfully my daughter takes care of that.

My son just thought it would give me something to focus on but I think at least with Pokemon Go I can get exercise also.