What Is Your Zodiac Sign?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I know, I was really a religious person with a former Catholic background before age 14, then I began to felt like not having the answers I was looking for through my religion and this age marked the beginning of my quest for existential answers that I thought to find in other religions or metaphysical practices and the study of astrology, different methods of divination, magic and witchcraft.

Knowing that all of these practices are forbidden in the bible, I have found handy to mix and match my religious formation with my other beliefs, so that if you would ask for my actual religious denomination, I will say to be actually a pagan eclectic believer ;)

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Psalm 8:3 says: "When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers--the moon and the stars you set in place"-- I just never could see how the stars overhead, when you were born, could make much difference in your life. I believe that having that same hand of God on my life has made all the difference.;)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Ike Willis and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I suppose I have for the most of my life considered God, if there was such an entity, to be too busy or too unconcerned to be bothered with individuals.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pagan eclectic, oh gosh, I'm first hearing about such a religion denomination. What dues that religion refer to?

5. Helene Lawson

Registered

Good for you.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I don't know if this religion denomination exists for real, but if not, take it for a self-coined denomination which dues refer to take from any religion, belief, creed or faith whatever considered the best practices, thoughts, prayers, rituals, spells, or anything else that in a personal opinion is worth to adopt (and adapt) for spiritual growth and inner well-being.

Therefore, pagan because it may involve mythical God and Goddesses of the past, besides our Catholic/Christian concept of God, and eclectic because of the derived ideas from a diverse range of resources gathered through the pass of the time.

Or as explained in philosophy:

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I really was! I think I even made a post in this forum about it, but can't remember where... :)
    It was a fantastic experience, seeing the lands pretty much untouched. The farm was in pretty good shape, but nobody was home, so I'm guessing they only visit once per week or something like that. The village's church had a new coat of paint and (from what it sounded like,) a new bell in the tower: it looked and sounded really impressive now.

Old friends of mine were still there, drinking and having fun. I joined them for a quick glass of wine, but then I had to leave. It was still fantastic getting to chat a bit with friends from my past.

8. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a friend who used to write them for the newspaper, he told me how he made them up and we had a great chuckle about it.....

I am Sagittarius

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

I am a Gemini. So who am I pray tell?

10. Helene Lawson

Registered

I think that I have even read that post about you're visit. ;) It definitely sounds amazing, and I'm glad that you enjoyed you're stay there.
    It's always great to met you're friends from the past and have a little drink with them, you should visit them more often. :D

11. Helene Lawson

Registered

Who are you supposed to pray to, right? :D

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Funny, funny. What are we doing up this time a morning? Night, nite.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Helene Lawson likes this.
  13. Helene Lawson

Registered

14. Lucy Brown

Lucy Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

I am Aries...born on April 4th...:)

15. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Now that I visited them, I noted everyone's phone number and also gave them mine, and told them that whenever they come to my city, they should call me so we can go and have some fun playing some pool (their favorite, I also love it). So far, they've only visited once, but maybe I will pay them another visit.