What Is Your Zodiac Sign?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

They would probably be very happy if you gave them another visit. :)

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

If I will visit them soon, I'll have to remember to grab a bottle of good rum with me so I can be able to drink with my buddies. :D

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a Gemini. The both of me.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

A bottle of rum is always good, but personally I prefer a good shot with vodka.

5. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Vodka shots are good, but not good enough for us. :p
    While I lived in the States with my family, we would come visiting every few years. Each time I would visit these friends, I would see them drinking rum. After enough visits, I too have rum as my drink of choice now. It's amazing how many aspects of your life can be influenced by friends.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a Gemini (13 June) and I do LOVE to talk! Ask me about the music I love, Star Wars stuff, playing in a rock band, how to be happy in a marriage and a few other things and away I'll go with talking. Probably the reason I LOVED taking a course of Speech and Drama in my high school years.
    My wife is an Aquarius (27 Jan). Now, I don't know if she really fits the Sign or not. What I do know, after 14 1/2 years of marriage to her, is that she is VERY loving, kind, sensitive and very much a Christian lady.
    Now, my ex-wife was an Aries and I do think she would take on Muhammad Ali in the ring! The lady was tough.......actually ended up being too tough for my liking.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am a Capricorn. Many of the characteristics of the sign do seem to fit with my personality, but the horoscopes usually never seem to be anything signifigant to me.
    I have wondered if I am truly a Capricorn, since I was born at 6-7 months along, and should actually have been a different sign if I had been a full-term baby. However, since I do seem to have the right characteristics, maybe it does not matter when you were supposed to be born, and only when you actually were born.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Jumpin Gemini! ;)
    Horoscopes — Fun But Utterly Fallible
    "In a classic 1948 experiment by psychologist Bertram Forer, subjects completed a personality test and received a written assessment of their results. Forer asked them to rate the accuracy of their personal profiles; the result was very high ratings (an average 4.26 where 5 is "very accurate").

"However, each person received the exact same assessment that Forer took from a newspaper horoscope: "You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage."

"What Forer discovered was that people have a tendency to accept vague and general statements as accurate about themselves without the benefit of any objective measurement. When empirically false statements sound positive, they will agree that the traits describe them accurately. This subjective perception is sometimes called the Forer effect".

9. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I would say horoscopes are much like Nostradamus predictions or the Bible itself; vague statements that each one's interprets in the way to find them fitting in a personal context, or simply ignoring them if they make no sense.

As in example, if my horoscope says I will be fired but happens that I am unemployed, then I might figure out the horoscope mean "my business project will be turned down" if I have sent one as a business owner.

However if I am unemployed and have no business, it would be harder associate what the horoscope meant by "being fired" so that I might probably say horoscopes are inaccurate.

Ike Willis and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We could also rationalize that it must be a typo, and that you will be..... Hired!;)

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  11. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I was born December 4th. of 1951, and I'm told that I am a sagittarius. I have no idea what that means. I don't know what traits I'm suppose to have, and I wonder kind of differences it might have made if I had understood those kind of thing.

The other day I met a lady in her fifties that is super into all of that. She was telling me and my friend Krystin all about it. Then she said that the type that she will never trust are sagittarians, because they were so manipulative, and in general very dishonest.

I kept my mouth shut.

12. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes! And this is positive approach to a prediction that no all people might keep in mind :)

13. Henry Wordsmith

Henry Wordsmith Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi there everyone- I'm a Gemini June 12th.
    Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac, and those born under this sign will be quick to tell you all about it. That's because we love to talk! It's not just idle chatr. The driving force behind a Gemini's conversation is their mind. The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Dalliances with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped. Can a Gemini be boring? Never!

14. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a Virgo, Sept.21
    I always wanted to have been born in Autumn, but I missed it by ONE lousy day! LOL On the other hand, I always enjoyed the romanticism of being a Virgo. I realize I can't have both. :D

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I'm the scales! I'm born a Libra. Libra's are supposed to be balanced, yet the emotional roller coaster life hands sometimes tests our metal! I'm quiet most of the times unless I know you. My Mom always says I talk too much. She lectures me when I'm at home "people who talk don't learn", so when I know you I can be a chatter box. Like of opal stone of my birthday I seem quiet yet when you look closely at the opal you can see a rainbow of colors that may surprise you!