What Keeps Me Healthy And Almost Drug Free

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Joy Martin, May 8, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes you beat me here by two days. I figured I was a prolific poster but you have almost doubled mine.
    Ditto on you first para. If you retain a sweet tooth you can still satisfy it healthily with Stevia.,. I suppose you already know about this natural sweetener derived from the Sth American rainforests? We use it in tea, coffee, recipes and stews. I have even converted my son to it. He used to have a whopping four teaspoons of the white poison in his tea and coffee.

2. Craig Wilson

Registered

I had not heard about Coconut Oil toothpaste. Sorry to say I had severe gum disease a decade ago ..derived I believe by the dreadful camphorated chalk I had to use at boarding school mixed with my uncontrollable sweet tooth in my youth. I now wear an upper denture as a result.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wonder how much grape seed extract is in wine???? That would be resveratrol and GSE and one happy mix.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

You can find recipes online on making CO toothpaste or you can buy it now... I can't go back to the other stuff now.

5. Joy Martin

Registered

I don't know but I don't drink wine anymore but I did for years. Never substituted one for the other.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wasn't thinking of it as a substitute, but perhaps an idea that many folks are taking GSE and don't even know it.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    Therein may lie my enablement!
    Frank

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Craig Wilson

Registered

Both contain polyphenols. Both resveratrol and grape seed extract are derived from grapes, but unlike grape seed, resveratrol is extracted from grape skins like those used to make red wine. You knew that I suspect.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Joy Martin

Registered

Grape Seed Extract is derived from the SEED of the grape.

Muscadine grapes are said to be highest content of resveratrol.

10. Craig Wilson

Registered

Not muscatel?

11. Joy Martin

Registered

Those who drink wines are most likely getting the benefits of this antioxidant and sulfites and whatever else is added to wine making. Wine is high in sugar too. People are allergic to wines and grapes. I just have too many benefits from the Grape Seed Ex but lost my interest in drinking wine.

12. Joy Martin

Registered

I'll bring this up again...No colds, flues, vaccines, allergies, sinus issue, no sore throats, no headaches...Grape Seed Extract is the Huge Winner in my life, and costs me 25cents per day give or take, depending on brand I take.

Best prevention out there.

Now if one takes a pharma blood thinner, then can't take both.

I quit all alcohol a couple yrs ago, don't miss it for a second.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  13. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Perhaps more, or older, research is helpful ?

Grape Seed Extract / Resveratrol (quick online search/ decades of research )
    A double-blind placebo-controlled study of 71 subjects with venous insufficiency found that grape seed OPCs, taken at a dose of 100mg 3 times daily, significantly improved major symptoms, including heaviness, swelling, and leg discomfort. [ La Revue de Medecine.

"oregonnaturalmarket dot com
    The Health Benefits of French Grape Seed Extract
    Lipid profiles and oxidized LDL (bad) cholesterol were improved in those taking grape seed extract.

The researchers concluded that grape seed extract decreased the risk of blood clotting (without adverse effects on blood thinning) and other cardiovascular disorders."

Thus so far,
    As far as found anywhere online, no excessive bleeding was discovered when taking gse. It simply improves the health of the blood, whenever nothing harmful is continued. Taking anything that causes bleeding is not recommended by the experienced health providers.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It does all that plus cures cancer but doesn't help arthritis? Or help you sleep? Hmmmm?

"I get 8-10 hrs of deep restorative healing sleep and it some work to figure out my sleep routine that does this. I start my routine about 10PM readying my head for my pillow at 11:30 PM . I deal with a load of arthritis pain and hip replacement damage, so GOOD SLEEP is critical and VITAL. We all need GOOD SLEEP."

15. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

https://legionathletics.com/grape-seed-extract/

"Does Grape Seed Extract Have Any Side Effects? It found that doses of up to 2,500 mg daily (27.7 times the amount in Fortify) over the course of four weeks still failed to show any harm."

i.e. no proven, no known side effects except takes money out of the pockets of the drug makers.
    gse cost pennies on the hundred dollars, not just pennies on the dollar.
    drugs are free to many people though, not counting the insurance they paid thousands or tens of thousands of dollars for.