What Movie Are You Watching Today?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Nolan Batman movies are not the best, at least for me.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Dave Scott

Dave Scott Member
    Registered

Recently watched 1944's "Double Indemnity". Starring Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, and Edward G. Robinson.
    Good drama IMHO and a movie I hadn't seen in years.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm in a Group on Facebook called Tin Can Sailors, meaning, in the Navy, "Destroyer" type ships. I was on three Destroyers while I was in the Navy. Someone in the Group highly recommended those in the group to see Tom Hanks movie, Greyhound. Due to the Pandemic, it never made it to movie theaters, but did come out on DVD.

We bought it on Amazon and received it last week. Was able to watch last night and..............what a movie! Full of WWII Naval action between America, it's Allies and German U-Boats. The Greyhound, a Destroyer of which Tom Hanks was Captain of (his first assignment as a new Captain). It takes place during the Battle of the Atlantic with German U-Boats (submarines). The movie was incredible good and I, pretty much, knew everything that was going on. The Convoy the Greyhound was in-charge of was going thru U-Boat invested waters and had no plane protection. IOW, a plane, carrying bombs that would explode under the water, would help a Convoy of Freighters, Tankers and Destroyers, get thru U-Boat areas.

Two movies it really reminded me of: The Hunt For Red October and U-571.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

One More Shot with Scott Adkins and Michael Jai White. Disappointed with the ending. Story line: Attempt to blow up D.C. but squashed by Lt. Jake Harris (Adkins)

Don Alaska and John Nopales like this.