What Television Or Movie Series Are You Binge-watching?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Given the advantages of streaming media, we are able to watch the entire series from the first episode of the first season to the end, if we want to, and that is far better than waiting a week for the next episode and missing some in the process. This is particularly true of television series, but you can binge-watch movies by the same actor, or movies with several parts.

Since I was in high school before we got a television, there are many series I have never seen once, as well as those I'd like to see again.

I am currently watching Bat Masterson.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have been watching some old TV shows lately. We have just finished watching 11 seasons of Frasier and now we are watching Designing Women. Evening Shade is next on our list.:D

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

On the fifth season on Netflix

[​IMG]

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That's the reason I used to watch Criminal Minds. Sigh.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Very few American shows we watch,, but discovered Third Watch thru streaming.... it is the best so far. It covers everything in life and for the most part true and real.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have recorded, and now watching, different episodes of JAG. Also ordered from Amazon, and received, Season 7 of JAG. Season 7 has a great Christmas episode that I've seen and really like.
    From being in the Navy during Nam, I know what JAG is all about, including the different enlisted and officer ranks.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

You can stream Jag and other shows,maybe cheaper than buying and renting.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Rewatching “Bosch” on Prime. On season 4 right now.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I just finished North Woods Law and saw a Northwest Law series that I will start today. I love the game warden shows being a former mountain and range girl myself and being a former volunteer for search and rescue. I never realized how much game wardens spy on folks. I wonder how many game wardens saw me in the remote woods or remote river banks in the buff paying tribute to nature? :eek:

I know at least one, saw me topless on the Snake river. I didn't see him until he came over to check my fishing license and I wasn't even fishing. :oops:

I was a park ranger for a couple of months, but cleaning the restrooms was something that killed that career quickly. Humans using public restrooms are filthy animals. Removing rattlesnakes from the park, wasn't my favorite job, but cleaning restrooms while gagging and holding a mouthful of vomit, was just to much. :(

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I watched both of those back-to-back a few months ago. I noticed that the first couple of episodes in New Hampshire showed them acting like they were on Cops or something, and, then it seemed that someone told them they weren't giving the impression the state wanted, so they started acting nicer for the remainder of the series.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've been streaming every episode of Chicago Fire. Up to season 7 now.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I just watched a mini-series called "Love and Death." It's based on the true story of a woman murdered with an axe in the late 70s in a small town near Dallas.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

THE LETTER WRITER

If you are looking for a feel-good movie, I highly recommend this one. I have been watching it for many years since I found it back in 2014.

This is one of my absolute favorite movies. It’s about a senior citizen who deeply regrets how he verbally abused people in his earlier life. But he has a spiritual awakening and decides to write really nice inspiring letters to random strangers from a phone book. He writes one anonymous letter every day filled with compassion, inspiration, and optimism.

This is a non-denominational spiritual movie that should appeal to anybody who believes in a higher power. The effect that his letters have on people is awe-inspiring. The movie follows the life changes for a young lady who receives one of his letters and manages to discover his identity. Her friendship with him and her journey from being a mess to becoming perfect and whole is extremely moving.

Namaste.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We’re watching “The Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix and rewatching (for probably the 4th time) the TV series “Motive”. I like everything about that show (Motive) the actors, their characters, the unusual plot device for each show in the series, the low key mood most of the time, just everything about it. Plus I kinda have the hots for the lead detective lady.

15. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm watching "Katla" on Netflix. It's a short (I think 8 episodes) series out of Iceland. The plot is intriguing, the characters have depth and intrigue, and the scenery is amazing. Bleak, but amazing. The erupting volcano is CG, but well done CG. The voice dubbing is a little annoying but there is closed-captioning.

At least the closed-captioning matches the voice dubbing. Some shows don't. On some, the dubbing says something like "I think you're mistaken" and the closed-captioning says "No, I believe someone else did it." Annoying.