What Television Or Movie Series Are You Binge-watching?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I seldom truly Binge watch anything, but I tend to watch British series on Britbox. They seem to be well done and the actors look like real people instead of the Hollywood pretty girls and boys. I have finished a few series over months like Frost and Vera (which is still going I think).
    I watched Inspector Morse and am watching Endeavor, a prequel to Morse done for PBS. When I was laid up with the broken back, I watched a lot of true crime and cooking shows.

2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

Utube...country boys and scrap men shows

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Resurrection Ertugrul is the ultimate binge-watching TV series of all time. It has 5 seasons with 448 episodes! The Guinness book of records says that Ertugrul is the most widely viewed TV series of all time. It has had over 3 BILLION views since it was released in the year 2020. The TV series is based on a historical Turkish warrior named Ertugrul who led his people in the 13th century and whose son Osman founded the Ottoman Empire. Somebody must have spent a fortune making this TV series. It has been called "The Turkish Game of Thrones". In my opinion, it is far superior to Game of Thrones.

Be warned. This is not a chick movie. It has a lot of sword-fighting, beheading, and much other violence, but it does tell an addictive story in so many ways on different subjects, which probably accounts for being the most watched TV series ever. Ertugrul has been banned in a few countries and seems to be suppressed in others.

For whatever reason, we don't seem to hear much about this TV series in the United States, but it is a global sensation nevertheless. Maybe, we don't hear much about it because it has English subtitles, which are a turn-off. But I gave it a chance and got hooked after a couple episodes. Once hooked, I could not stop binging and no longer noticed the subtitles.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

"Suits" on Netflix, we're on season 2. I believe we have 8 seasons left to watch.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Suits was good.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Last Vegas and 80 For Brady. Both movies with legendary actors/actresses.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  7. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That’s weird, never heard of it. I’ve always heard Game of Thrones was the top dog. I couldn’t find it in either of these top 100 lists. Is “Resurrection Ertugrul” known by another name? I can’t find it on IMDb.com at all but it does list a “Dirillis:Errugrul”. Same thing?

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20211015-the-100-greatest-tv-series-of-the-21st-century

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls095964455/

edit: I found it here but it says no one is streaming it. How are you watching it?
    https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=Resurrection: Ertuğrul

John Houlihan likes this.
  8. John Houlihan

Registered

Hi Thomas,

Yes, Dirillis: Ertugrul is the same thing. Ertugrul was released in 2020. I watched Ertugrul in 2021 and 2022. I am getting ready to watch it again. But Netflix stopped streaming it in April of this year, so I need to find another source. I will start looking and get back to you if I can find anything.

It is weird that Ertugrul is not even listed in the 100 great TV series of all time. It should be at the very top of the list. No other TV series is even close to Ertugrul's 3 BILLION views since its 2020 release. Something strange is going on here. Politics, religion, islamaphobia, etc may be involved with this TV series. Go figure!

Thomas Windom likes this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I missed Law & Order when it was current. Not exactly binge, but whenever I'm bored there is always an episode playing.

I've seen most, so lately I only watch if Sam Waterston is in the cast, and tune in only to the Order segment. Lennie Briscoe's one-liners start to get monotonous. He should have found a job that didn't make him so cynical.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Thomas Windom

Registered

I saw that Amazon seems to be the only place that has it but it’s on DVD and all options say English subtitles available on USB memory stick. I doubt that is going to work for us. Our system is pretty nice for what we want but it’s old and pieced together.

edit: sounds like I’m talking about myself. :D

John Houlihan likes this.
  11. John Houlihan

Registered

Thomas, I found three sources for watching Ertugrul:

1. It's available free of charge on Turkish TV with English subtitles. I would need to use some apps for the connection.
    2. Like you said, I can buy memory sticks on Amazon.
    3. Ertugrul is also available on Ebay as memory sticks.

That's all I can find. I think other sources will appear in the future, but I don't want to wait. I will check out the memory-stick method and update you in about a week when it arrives from Amazon.

12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Suits Just started season four, First 44 episodes were excellent.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't always sleep well so I just leave the tv on all night with ROKU. Medium, Longmire, Bones, Finding Jordan, even the old Charmed when I can find it.:rolleyes: But I just found Golden Girls on Amazon for only $39!!!! on dvds. I will be binge watching them all the time.
    I love binge 'watching' things that I know because I can leave them on and do things around the house without having to see them after I've just about memorized them.:D
    Pretty much bubble gum for the brain.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know if binge-watching is the correct term since I think it's only one season, but I am currently watching "The Watcher" on Netflix. It begins as a ghost story, then turns into a gaslighting show, and later reverts to being almost a ghost story again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  15. Thomas Windom

Registered

We are getting ready to watch season 2 of “Foundation” on Apple TV. they’ve been releasing 1 episode/week but it too hard to follow waiting a week between shows. They almost have enough episodes for us to start. We’ll probably go back and rewatch the last 2 episodes of season 1 to make sure we understand what’s what. If they have enough episodes released, we’ll start tonight.