What Television Or Movie Series Are You Binge-watching?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Is that based on the Asimov books?

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes. Ambitious, big budget project. I read the books many decades ago and don’t remember them well but I have read others’ comments that there are some significant changes (for those that have the books fresh in mind) necessitated by trying to tell a story spanning of thousands of years in a TV series. The first season was good enough to bring me back.

I have been glad to see that Apple seems to have an interest in more serious science fiction instead of fantasy. We also got hooked on their first season of “Silo”. I was not as impressed with “Invasion” but season 2 starts in a few days and we’ll see if they can dig themselves out of the hole I view them as having dug (I’m not impressed with the story line so far). There is a scarcity of science fiction TV/movies though and I will add my viewership to a company making serious efforts to promote the genre.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I loved the series, but several decades have gone by since I have read them.

Don Alaska and Thomas Windom like this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Still watching:

SUITS

Starting Season 7

Krystal Shay and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I dropped cable in 2017 and have been streaming since then. I’ve never regretted it for a minute. I’ve become a binge watcher and now I DVR shows throughout the season and watch them when I have all the episodes or watch them on a service where the whole season is available.

I’m fortunate to get OTA channels on antenna and rotate between streaming services. I love subscribing monthly when I feel like it and not having a contract.

This is a good thread. Thanks!

6. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We are watching House....again.:rolleyes:

7. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yellowstone.:D

8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

While we’re waiting for “Foundation” to release the last couple episodes for this season, we’ve been rewatching “Motive” again. I bet we have watched that entire series 4 times. Everything about it is just right to us, acting, characters, plot, dialog. We like the unusual format where the killer and the victim are shown right at the beginning of each show, going about their business and then the next scene are the stars arriving on the scene of the murder (they’re both homicide detectives). The rest of each episode explores how the two (perpetrator and victim) became connected and, finally, what the motive is for the murder. Excellent show if you can find it. We had bought the series on iTunes quite a few years back.

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

He is watching Rio Bravo for the 365th time..sigh

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I so remember this !

11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Virgin river on Netflix we’ve just about finished watching season 2 ( of 5)

not only are we enjoying the series , also the stunning location where it was filmed .

Anyone else watched this ?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9077530/

Copied this.

The gorgeous setting may have you wondering: Where is Virgin River filmed? Like so many other productions, the show takes place in the United States — Northern California, specifically — but is actually shot in Vancouver, British Columbia and its surrounding mountainous areas.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Me and my wife watch Virgin River. We just finished the last two episodes for this year.
    You're right the location is absolutely gorgeous, And the story is very interesting.
    I hope there's a season six, The way the last episode ended I think there will be.

Don Alaska and Kate Ellery like this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Let’s hope so , even tho we are only up to the end of season 2 @Tony Page

yes a typical small town with all the gossip that gos along with a small town / area , I love the doctors witty wife ….
    and most of all for a pleasant change …..NO swearing …NO F words :):)

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  14. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

I bought one month only of Netflix so I could watch the latest season of "The Crown," (too much Diana) so now I'm binge watching everything else that looks good before my month is out. Yes, I am that cheap!

"Ozark" started good, then added a strip joint in episode 4 and I consider that jumping the shark, so I quit.

"Gypsy" Naomi Watts plays a therapists who messes with her clients lives in her spare time. Boring and unsavory.

"The Glass Castle," True story about an interesting, intelligent couple with issues who end up homeless. Told by their daughter who is now a NY journalist. Very good. 8 stars.

"A Man Called Otto," Tom Hanks plays a recently bereaved man who is grumpy with everyone. His attempts at suicide are constantly interrupted by neighbors who need his help. Uplifting, Heartwarming. 8 stars.

"The Starling" Melissa McCarthy in a drama with Chris O'Dowd She works in a supermarket while he is in a mental institution after a break down over their baby's death from SIDs. We see her life and watch as she tries to keep going, drifting through work and trying to start a garden at home in spite of attacks from a territorial starling. Yes there is humor as well as sadness. I thought this was a lovely movie. 10 stars.

"Last Tango In Halifax." I already watched this on PBS, but might again, because I thought it was a great series about two people in their seventies who knew each other in high school, reconnect through e-mail, meet and decide to marry in one afternoon. Their families are hilarious. 10 stars

(All in my humble opinion of course, getting ready to try "Virgin River" now)

Mary Stetler, Tony Page and Von Jones like this.
  15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought I was 'that' cheap. :D