What Television Or Movie Series Are You Binge-watching?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 20, 2023.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I do believe I like Jeremy Brett better than Basil Rathbone in that role, and John Hawksworth better than Nigel Bruce.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've got to see at least two programs from Australia and I love them both if I remember right I saw them on acorn TV or it might have been Brit box I can't remember which but one was called mystery road I watched that series all the way through sort of binged it every night and the other was called Darby and Joan with one of my favorite actors Brian Brown I think I got that name right

Kate Ellery likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't have cable Kate but it looks like there might be some episodes of back roads on YouTube I'll look harder in the morning but it looks really good and right up my alley cuz I'm absolutely interested in a documentary on Australia that would be awesome

6. Kate Ellery

Registered

I seen it pop up on YouTube on TV but I’m unsure if that’s free or you have too pay , it’s on ABC ( Australian broadcasting Corporation) which Is goverment owned .
    But google it should be free ….think it is for Aussies. @Denise Evans

We are off to Victoria next month to. visit here https://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/gippsland/destinations/walhalla
    An old gold mining town ( We seen on backroads)

I live in South Aust , we are then traveling onto ACT after visiting Victoria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra
    Where all the decision’s/. Rules are made by our Aussie elected members of parliament

, Australia’s capital, built between Sydney and Melbourne in the early 20th century. The federal district’s forest, farmland and nature reserves earn Canberra its nickname, the "Bush Capital.”

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes that's the one that's on YouTube I'm not sure they're full shows but I'll look in the morning it is the ABC backroads That's so exciting to hear about your visit to the gold mining place you'll have to share pictures and all about it when you get back Kate I'll check out your links in the morning when I'm on my PC I'm just dictating on my telephone right now so sorry about no punctuation thanks so much for all the leads and also the links for me to look at

Kate Ellery likes this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Registered

Happy to add Aussie stuff any time @Denise Evans ive gotta go as well ..I’m just getting our evening meal of roast pork ready to pop in the oven bye for now IMG_2729.gif

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm watching Poirot again on Britbox, 2 in a row, then Shetland as well, 4 in a row, not all in one night though ;) I only purchase a streaming channel like Britbox for the time it takes me to watch a full-series FYI. No commercials is what I love about having a SmartTV. Bought a Roku for a couple hundred bucks, and had about 6 years now. Way cheaper than cable rip-off, get to watch my fave shows every night. I'm totally spoiled using streaming over cable. Only thing I don't get is live news, once in awhile someone will have a live-news stream on youtube.

https://www.britbox.com/us/show/Shetland_p05tb1sm

https://www.britbox.com/us//season/Agatha_Christies_Poirot_S1_p04m8lxm

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Re-watching "SHOGUN" made from James Clavell's novel of the same name. Stars Richard Chamberlain as the pilot of a Dutch ship that arrives in Japan, in 1598.
    A well written , well acted film.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Great flick.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  12. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here in Britain, we get a lot of American programmes but they are all quite old. I enjoy watching the real-life series such as 'Animal Cops', or true crime documentaries. They give an insight into the differences between our life-styles. At the week-ends, whole afternoons are devoted to one series. It can be a bit mind-blowing, though. One I'm particularly enjoying at the moment is, Dash-cam footage. It's just incredible the crazy things some people do.

13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm rewatching the series "Gotham" which I saw most of during initial run years ago but then lost track of before the last seasons.

Young Bruce Wayne and the world that shaped him after losing his parents so violently. More drama, a lot less "comic book" but still wacky bad guys. Interesting characters played well.

John Brunner and Mary Stetler like this.
  14. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Doogie However, MD. Daughter had missed it as she'd been too young, so we watched together.

Friends, we'd missed so many episodes, it was required to watch over three times.

Smallville, series on DVD found in electronics store, second hand, still a favourite.

Merlin, had been in BBC at the time but was in mourning, glad to have been able to watch it.

Castle, two main actors were in films, the woman played a vampire in Librarian: Judas Chalice and the man, played Hermes in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. Then, it was curiosity to see how they'd interact. Really enjoyed it.

Currently watching Manifest on Netflix, however, it's a condensed version, missing middle parts aka Seasons 2&3. It's kind of difficult to fit it all in and really enjoy it. We'll see...

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Young Guns and Young Riders excellent!

Mary Stetler likes this.