What Television Or Movie Series Are You Binge-watching?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Did anyone watch the old Shogun mini-series in 1980 starring Richard Chamberlain? I see that FX/Hulu has a new Shogun series starting tomorrow night (2/27/24) in case anyone is interested.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

J
    Just don't believe you can drive to Sleetmute;)

Hedi Mitchell and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

We want to binge watch "Hotel Transylvania" series. However, HT4 is only available on Amazon Prime Video still.

Hoping it'll be released on DVD soon. Currently watching HT1, 2 & 3 for now.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Two leading ladies on the shows we enjoyed but missed their part in the series. Both these women were killed off in the series.

Dannys wife on Blue Bloods,

Sgt Carter gave John the benefit of using deadly force when needed.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Except Shaw who liked to do more than knee shots,lol. But she became less violent once she joined Finche and Johns team. she was comical at times, we liked her too.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Season 11 of X-Files is spooking me a bit. The season was the first 3 months of 2018, but Scully had a vision where there was a world-wide pandemic and they needed a vaccine urgently to stop the disease. They combined human and alien DNA to make the vaccine. This was almost 2 years before Covid became a problem. Did Chris Carter know what was coming?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Ann Jackson

Ann Jackson Member
    Registered

For some strange reason, I am hooked on the marriage/dating shows like Love is Blind and Married at First Sight. :);)

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Ann, what site are they on? I don't think I'd be interested but who knows.

9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been watching some old hilarious movies on YouTube from the 40s. Nearly fell off my chair watching, Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn last night. Good shows, those, oldies.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

In last few decades we have watched many of those some a couple times.
    My granddaughter even sent me 2 of them, The Great Waltz 1938, Gypsy. wasn't cheap either, they cost $50

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been fascinated with Australia, well, maybe my whole life so I'm finding as many documentaries as I can. I found 1 last night that really was enlightning I'll put the link below, from Youtube. I had not idea the bulk of the people live more in the South, if the documentary is correct, and most of the majestic lands are pretty much uninhabited. I hope @Kate Ellery will be around to comment on the legitimacy of the doc:

here is the link if anyone would like to watch it ;) Denise

12. Denise Evans

Registered

That's the only movies I watch basically Lois :) A couple of thrillers I watched at least 3 times over the years with Edward G. Robinson are The Red House, and Key Largo, the latter being such a wonderful movie with bogie and bacall, and Lionel Barrymore, Claire Trevor as well & Jay Silverheels.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m not sure that’s true @Denise Evans most areas of Australia are populated except for area of extreme weather conditions
    The area where I live is one example ,when we moved to the area which is just under 2 hours drive from the city of Adelaide it had a population of under 5.000 residents now it has about 7.500 residents mainly since the pandemic many have fled from densely populated area to country areas in most states, and with many new arrivals in Aust it’s very noticeable that once quiet sleepy towns now have homes popping up everywhere.

Where I live it has many smalls towns all about 20 km apart so the population increase I mentioned is only refers for the town near me, however I have heard how many fled to seaside areas during the height of Covid and as I live walking distance from a beach I know that to be true by the homes that have been constructed and being actually lived in all year round ,

this area was originally a town / area of beach shacks where most of the of home were owned by holiday makers and only came up for long weekends Christmas/ Easter / school holidays but the vast majority of homes near me are now lived in full time and shacks have been replaced by in many cases 2 story or large homes

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Did you watch the video Kate? I'm not sure exactly what he said, but he did show what he saw as the most populated areas. Maybe I misunderstood him.

15. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

All good I will look at video latter this evening and comment further then , it’s Sunday here but we are going out dancing just after lunch ,so I’ve got a few jobs to do this morning @Denise Evans thanks for video anyway.

Australia’s population is about 28 million and increasing at a fast rate

Don Alaska likes this.