What Time Do You Have Your Meals?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, May 18, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It's 9:45 AM on a Saturday morning and I have just finished a breakfast of fresh fruit,prune juice, poached eggs on toasted English Muffin/crisp bacon/coffee. I prefer eating breky between 8 AM to 10:30 AM.
    I like lunch between 12:30 to 2PM. Dinner from 5 PM to 6:30 PM.
    Seems like most of the residents here at Assisted Living eat breakfast between 7 to 8 AM. Th Dining Room opens at 7 AM for breakfast, 11:30 AM for lunch and 4:30 PM for dinner.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No schedule to speak of. I eat breakfast/lunch usually sometime between 11 a.m. and noon. Then we have dinner around 4 or 5. My husband only eats one meal a day so we usually have an early dinner. :D

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We have only the slickest of schedules. The misses gets up between 9:30 and 10:00 am.
    thay's when I turn the coffee pot on. My then I have drunk one, maybe two cups of hot tea.
    Breakfast is usually over by eleven-thirty. The rest of the day we generall eat when we get
    hungary. Sometime i have a banana around three-thirty or four, then around six-thirty a
    sandwich or a few peach slices and a half cup of cottage cheese. Last evening I had
    cornbread and sweet milk. The misses, some kind of drink. Our meals are very casual.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No regular meal schedule now. Before I retired, I had a regular schedule and often ate when I had time, not when I was hungry. Now we eat as we need, not on any schedule.

Beth Gallagher and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Jerry Adams

Jerry Adams Veteran Member
    Registered

Breakfast, 7-7:30 am.; 10 am. or so, Like Bill's Peaches and Cottage Cheese.; 12-1 pm. sandwich and 3 bean salad,; 6-6:30 pm steamer meal or meat & potatoes.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Breakfast of sorts 7-7:30..only because suppose to eat before meds. Lunch 12-1..and supper 6-6:30 normally.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I eat loathesomely, though wasn't always like that. ~ 10 years ago, needing to lose some weight, but unable to succeed eating "3-squares", I got used to "starving" all day long, then eating my one meal in the evening, not necessarily a big one. For a long while I was on a pasta-binge, eating it every night. My wife squelched that, finally, by gradually switching me to whole wheat pasta only, then none at all.

About 5 years ago, I began eating more sensibly, having vegetables nearly every night, included with a good protein supply of some kind, bound together with one or another savory sauce, low-fat cream soup, tomato sauce, low-fat gravy, or the like. The weight problem disappeared, but now has begun to return, due to less physical activity I reckon.
    Frank

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Breakfast at 7:30 weekdays, and 9:00 weekends.

Lunch at 1:00 to 3:00 PM.

Supper at 7:45 to 8:15 PM. (Except when we go out to Dinner on Wednesdays or Thursdays)

Hal

9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

You don't look heavy at all in your Avatar, Frank!

H.P.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hal Pollner
    And I wasn't. But actually, still am not "heavy", but rather the heavy stuff, muscle, has become fat nowadays, and it's lighter than muscle, so my weight is the same as 60 years ago. :(
    Frabk

11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm the weird one who likes to get up at 4:00-4:30. I eat small stuff like a dry waffle or something every couple of hours, then my main meal around 2, then popcorn or something till I go to bed at 8:30. Since I can't have sugar or sodium anyway, I'm not that excited about meals any longer. WIthout chocolate, food is boring. I don't want to lose weight, but with what I'm stuck eating, I'm not sure I can eat enough of it to gain weight.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I left the U.S. Army, I also left scheduled meals.
    Since I retired, the only schedule I have to keep is a doctor’s appointment and that’s only about once every 6 months or so.
    Oh yeah, I forgot the Chiropractor and that’s once a month.

Now, ideally, I’d have to schedule a small meal every 3 hours or so but at the present time I’m mostly training for personal satisfaction. At some point if I feel that I really want to compete in the seniors amateur, then I’ll have to knuckle down and do everything by the book.
    But like I wrote....I’m retired. Retired from as many schedules as I can.

13. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

No breakfast, lunch right around 11 and dinner between 6 and 6:30 then late night snack around 9. The only time there is any change is if we are traveling then for some reason we NEED breakfast but do not eat lunch.

14. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with Bobby, as few schedules and appointments as possible (though I was not at West Point ;)).
    My stomach schedules my meals, though. So a small breakfast between 6 and 7, a small, cold lunch between 11 and 12, (occasionally a snack between 2 and 3 pm) and a warm dinner between 6 and 7 pm.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just to clear things up a bit. I was the Army electronics representative when Stewart AFB was up for grabs. I was given quarters at the Point and traveled to the base and back each day for about 4 months whilst working with the Air Force about Army concerns should the Army take the bid.
    I was asked however if I would consider a cadre position at the Point but after toying with the idea, I turned it down.
    Too many schedules, too straight laced and the politics were way too much for me. Looking back, had I been ordered to take the position, things today would be a lot different but then, I probably wouldn’t have met Yvonne.

Thomas Stearn likes this.