What Will Be Next After Brexit?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Amie Ar, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think we will ever be without racism I'm sad to say @Patsy Faye. There will always be people that look down on others. I believe the only reason for that is a need to somehow "build" up self by tearing others down, or trying to.

I'd like to know that the world is going to end up a peaceful place, no more wars, no more hate but I don't believe it. I believe there is sin in the world, and I call it as I see it. I won't go into all my spiritual/religious beliefs, but I think that man/woman's ego has caused the world to be something it was not intended to be.

I can understand your heartbreak and to find that hasn't been changed. It's sort of like my thoughts of the US being a much, better place if we can only have the right leadership. I think it will be good at times (as each of us see "good" as being) and then it will be bad. No one around here is going to stop griping, or hating, we can always find something wrong. Even those trying to have what we believe are good, and loving morals complain, and even hate sometimes.

Another thing for me anyway, is sometimes I am frightened of things I don't understand, and that includes being frightened of people I don't know. It's usually how they look. I've looked into the eyes of a person and been frightened, and there may be nothing in them to be scared of. I've often thought about how different the world would be if we were all blind. We would have our other senses to rely on, only those. Funny but I realized how differently I might see myself if there were no mirrors.

I must have got up to early, I am having a weird-attack. That's where some of my deepest thinking just comes out of nowhere, LOL!! Ok, I think I'm over it now. This is sure an interesting thread, really enjoy reading it, and I haven't finished all the posts yet;) big hugs for you Patsy, I guess we just have to enjoy what we can in life, and although getting very close to other humans makes me nervous, I know I would miss you all if I was the last person on Earth, LOL!!:eek:

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Registered

Well said, and I can't agree more. It is the "working class" folks that are really p.o.'d and whether it's been Trump's lack of PC having anything to do with people finally listening up, or at least "thinking" they see a leader that's "gets" them, I don't know. But it is a movement and it frightens me, and excites me at the same time.

All I can think of "it's about time". People are rebelling, period. The worst thing about it is the division, and the most frightening to me because I've always believed that "divided" we will fall. And what's that other saying about an offensive move to "divide" and conquer. Is there a plan to do that, will it succeed. It's pretty easy for me to get on here and be "all tough" and say I'll fight to the death, blah blah blah, but if I was facing someone like ISIS, what would I be like. I thought I was flippin out at times over this, and I've seen, and heard people really going nuts:( Ok, hope I haven't depressed anyone. I'd like to say "oh, it will all work out, no worries". Put it in God's hands and all that, but truth is, I think about this all day long these days. What is happening in the US, what is happening in the rest of the world, I'm scared to look but I can't turn away and try to ignore it anymore.

Patsy Faye and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Watching the news yesterday, it seems the the EU is "trying" to punish Britian for voting to leave.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You're right Babs and how they 'love' to punish us, the main reason I wanted 'out' because of their contempt

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

,@Diane Lane and @Denise Happyfeet
    Agree with you both, I understand your angst Denise, I feel the same - I feel as though I have landed on a distant planet of people I
    just can't fathom, they make no sense
    Both you and Diane paint a picture very much the same as here, the only difference is our Government is governed by a force
    to be reckoned with, once that is done, then our Government is 'wholly' accountable

6. Denise Evans

Registered

I've never fully understood Obama, whether he is foolish, or if he plays the fool like The Scarlet Pimpernel while all the time, knowing exactly what he is doing. Just like I mentioned on the Trump thread, I wonder if he's been counting on calling Martial Law in the US so there won't be an election, leaving him in power indefinitely:oops: It's my opinion we've been had for the last years, well it started long before that, and if given the chance, he and "his" allies will finish us off, or maybe die trying.

Because I believe Trump will stand for "the people", I believe he is also the kind of man that will certainly be ready to stand with our allies as well. Maybe I'm just dreamin, but I am sure praying, not just for the US, but you guys as well. I hope France, as well as others get with it, and back out too, safety in numbers they say;)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

You folks from the UK, just gotta tell me something about this Farage guy. I just ran across him speaking to the European Parliament and he said a lot of things, so boldly, even if he's wrong about what he was saying. The people were partly clapping for him, and the others were booing, man. I gave the guy an A for just having the guts to speak to them all about obviously, unpopular opinions of his.

Here's just one comment, of many, made about Farage, I think I like him!!

well done Mr farage lol sticking the boot right into the left wing undemocratic bigots...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet - He is a man with principles and tells these beauracrats their faults - of course he will be booed
    that won't bother him, he has been telling them almost 20 years
    He knows 'the facts' of it all and won't let them get away with anything, so he shows them up for what they are
    Because of his persistence we got the Brexit referendum - so a big thank you to Farage x

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

This is another speech, probably old news to the Brits, but I am getting to know him and he seems right on!! I feel there is a definite parallel between what we are doing, and what Britain is doing!! We Americans that think like this guy and his supporters, need to stand with the UK!!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

I thought I was understanding it, even though I have so little knowledge, but I'm gaining some. So GLAD you started this thread, so GLAD you are here Patsy!! Hot damn, LOL!!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet - I love you too !! x :D
    But, I didn't start this thread but I have added to it :p

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I hope the American "working class" stand up like they are doing in Britain!! This newly, gained knowledge of Britain has lifted my spirits!!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good - I hope so too, in fact I hope all countries see sense now and regain what is rightfully theirs

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh sorry to the OP then, it's a great thread whoever started it ;) I guess I have to start cheering because I get so afraid, but then when I find others that really get how I think, and feel, because they think so much the same, is wonderful. I'm not alone in others words. To see Britain do this thing, is like an affirmation that your country like mine, are on the same page. I love that, because I love England, and I love America.

What I need to do is study up on the other UK countries, and their views as well. I realize more and more, I am so glad I got my head out of the sand. Which my definition for me on burying my head, has been to try and not look at all the news. Live my life as if I will not be affected. No more.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

People are not living in reality that are against Farage, Trump and all that want to put the brakes on immigration. Think of the titanic, only some can be saved in a lifeboat. There has to be a limit, and there has to be priorities who get it first. For example, it was always women and children. If we have a home/family do we let too many into our home at the same time? Do we let them in without knowing who they are? We pick and choose who comes into our home. Why do we not feel the same about our country?? Our countries have to take care of their home FIRST, and only then, can we help others.

What is it about some that don't seem to think about that.

Patsy Faye likes this.