What's For Breakfast Today?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone on lion recommended pork lion or Cadanian Bacon as a replacement. It is cooked three hours in the slow cooker, thinly sliced, and warmed in a skillet when ready to eat. Tender, tasteful, and as always breakfast calories are compensated for by crimping or skimping the evening meal. However, I am ten or twelve pounds overweight.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]a couple of these , a fried egg or two and toast.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Coffee and cream.. couple pieces of pre cooked bacon(never tried that before) 1 slice of Sarah Lee Delightful bread
    some whipped Jiffy PB on that. a handful of blue berries, a pineapple slice with whipped cream.
    Was tasty.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I had mashed banana on toast and Tea (brunch)... nothing exciting today. Hubs got up after I'd made the tea..and said ''Oh I was going to make you brunch for Mother day... yeah sure you were mister...o_O

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Another day and another breakfast. Here's this mornings Eggs Benedict EGGS BENEDICT.jpg EGGS BENEDICT.jpg EGGS BENEDICT.jpg

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My Sunday Religious Ritual is to have EGGS BENEDICT & exclaim "O My God, this is so good"

Eggs Benedict Sunday.jpg

Emma Smith likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I might have a couple eggs and ham...or turkey bacon. We may go somewhere later and I want to leave room for Eats there ;)

8. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

my usual made waffles and cooked bacon drowned it with cold milk and orange juice earlier had black coffee

supper later is planned for polish kebalsa sausage on flour tortillas with cheese and red pepper strips and sour crème. Lemonade or milk also.

Cook for neighbors again Sunday afternoon maybe the sausage again if it is good, cheap easy quick little clean up.

Experminting with hamburgers patties working string cheese in them with red pepper strips and grilling with brushing worchestershire sauce on them, 1st try was very different and good

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Breakfast taco and coffee.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today I had a bowl of corn flakes with sliced banana, and a cup of coffee. I seldom have cereal anymore so it tasted pretty good.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I have cereal about twice a week usually something high fibre,,, This morning I had Cinnamon and raisin toast & the ubiquitous cuppa weak char!!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bowl of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, but that didn't fill me up. So...…..sliced up a small potato into small chucks and fried. Two fried eggs and two pieces of toast. Cup and a half of coffee (w/Splenda/flavored cream). And, my morning prescription meds (3) and vitamin supplements.

Generally I'll have a couple of fried eggs, two toasts, either some bacon or pork sausage links and a cut-up potato for breakfast. On weekends, it's definitely eggs, toast, etc. and eating breakfast out on Saturday at iHOP or Waffle House.

IOW, I LOVE breakfast!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I made one of my almond flour flatbreads, but I had some zucchini that needed used up, so I put those in the food processor and chopped them, and then added some of that to my bread mix, along with a little bit of cheese and a slice of lunch meat.
    The almond bread has egg in it already, so that was a pretty nutritious breakfast, and I also chopped a tomato and cooked that and had it along with my zucchini bread and Bulletproof Coffee.
    It is now almost 4, so breakfast was about 8 hours ago, and I am still not hungry.
    Having a cup of iced coffee, and that will probably be it for me today. If I do get hungry later, I will have a salad because I don’t want to eat much this late in the day.

14. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Cup of organic coffee with CO and bowl of cabbage soup with cut up avocado. I eat no breads (wheats) any more and changed my breakfasts years ago. No more cereals.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Egg and sausage breakfast taco, and coffee.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.