What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bought (2) 4 paks of pre-made 1/3# Black Angus burgers on closeout @ $4.60/pound today. Slathered on Lee & Perrins and some steak seasoning, then grilled them up. Seven are in the freezer for future meals, one's gonna be dinner with grilled onions & shrooms and a mayo/bbq sauce mix. Probably have a salad & fries with it.

Faye Fox and John West like this.
  2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I whipped up another batch of beef and noodles with the usual ingredients (beef, beef broth, onion, carrots, peas, cabbage, bacon, tomato paste, spices, egg noodles, and whatever else was laying fallow in the fridge.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I took a piece of bread, piled on farm-cut cheddar cheese, then microwaved it for 30 seconds, and topped it with salsa. Those with teeth might prefer to toast the bread first. :)

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I had to go shop this morning and get a small bottle of that Dawn dish soap to de-flea the cats, they were covered with tiny little fleas so I gave each of them a nice warm bath using my old plastic bread box for a tub. I got myself a can of Beef Stew, the good brand and it was pretty good. The cats were making all sorts of verbal threats while I was holding them and bathing them with a wash rag. They are all asleep after having their tuna for din din. Their coats are nice and soft and pretty, I inspected one and I did not see the tiny fleas so I probably got rid of most of them. It must be from their mother but could be the other two that were coming in to eat. I blocked those two from coming in but still put food out for them. ;0)

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We're having seafood from a local restaurant this evening... shrimp for me! Probably a baked potato and cole slaw on the side.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Dadgum it! I forgot the big baking potatoes this morning. I guess I will do two of the smaller Russets since I had semi-loaded baked potatoes on my dinner menu.

7. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Chef Salad from Publix and a glass of Merlot.

Hedi Mitchell and Faye Fox like this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Spaghetti and destroyed meatballs with poor girl's garlic bread. :)

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The better half is having dinner with his mom, so I made egg salad and had it on toasted homemade bread.

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Ate at my favorite Italian restaurant the next country over. I haven't been there since COVID hit...they're still on truncted dine-in hours because of residual COVID ramifications. I used to eat there every Wednesday night. Spent some time catching up with a waitress who has worked there forever...it was really good seeing her again.

-Salad
    -Italian bread
    -Penne puttanesca (I hope that's not a violation of the forum's TOS)

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

AHEM AHEM!!! Meeting an old flame and eating Penne Puttanesca is what is called a date! ;)

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Her husband and 3 kids might take issue with that. ;) Funny how there are some folks you meet in those situations that you connect with. That's part of dining out alone...you and the staff often chat since you're sitting by yourself. I've met locals, as well as a number of folks who immigrated to this country in their adult years from lots of different nations.

Faye Fox likes this.
  13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, I miss my former small Mexican restaurant that I went to for 15 years and where I was always engaged in conversation with either the waitress or the cook. They were the owners and I usually went mid-afternoon and was the only one there. He was usually experimenting with a new dish and I could hardly sit down before she was bringing me something to eat and evaluate. He never made anything that wasn't delicious. I usually took my order home as I filled up on all the samples crowding my table. I miss the food and great conversations even with him that spoke about as much English as I do Spanish. She was bilingual. They shut down because he developed bad hernias and couldn't stand even a year after surgery. They met in a high-class tourist restaurant in Puerto Vallarta where he was head cook and she was head waitress and interpreter. They married and after having kids came to this area so their kids could get a better education. Both became citizens and worked for a big Mexican restaurant until they could open their own and get away from making Tex Mex-style food in bulk and then warming it up. He was the best chef I have ever known. All their three kids became medical doctors and one is a heart surgeon back east. They went to live with him after they shut down their restaurant. He built them a house behind his. That is what I call an appreciative son.

Hedi Mitchell and John Brunner like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Trying a new recipe today, Honey Mustard Pork Chops. It's based on this but I'm not making them in the air fryer (using convection oven instead)...

The chops are marinating right now. :D I'm also not making the brussels sprouts. We'll have fresh asparagus, new potatoes, and corn on the cob with the chops.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We are having pork chops also. Probably lightly fried, baked potatoes ,maybe another vegie. Toamtoes,red onions, cucumbers on the side.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.