What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I sweated opening a can of Beefaroni and it wasn't too bad. Last night my stomach was giving me a little trouble and I hope it don't do the same tonight. At nap time my ankles and calves were cramping something terrible, probably due to a lot of fluid loss due to the stomach last night. I take potassium every morning but the cramping was really trying to give me a hard time, I finally got positioned just right and it settled. I had to shop this morning and I was totally spent when I got home and put things away. Nap time was pretty good, the 3 cats all slept in a moving two shelf cabinet I once used for my computer gear. I got home from shopping this morning and one of the cats had jumped up on my expensive computer and pulled the keyboard and mouse and plastic covering off to the floor. I ask them which one had done that but they just sit on a monitor on the kitchen table and took the 5th, so I just let it go. I'm learning to deal with them better now, if they get too mean I get my water spray bottle and they hate it ha

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I keep a bottle of Pedialyte For Adults on hand for times when I think I need to replace my electrolytes.

Regarding cats and spray bottles...get yourself a Water Pik. It has a better range than a spray bottle (enlarge your perimeter), and the cats will leave you be as you perform your daily dental hygiene. Then there's the entertainment value.

3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Just put a tuna casserole in the oven, along with some "Red Lobster" frozen biscuits. Got my fingers crossed

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pollo Asado bowl from Chipotle with chips and queso. Beer!

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We had sauerkraut with potatoes, onions, mushrooms, mixed veggies, and polish sausage, in a cream type of sauce. This is one of our favorite meals, but I haven’t made it in a while; so we both enjoyed a nice dish of that today.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Chicken green chile enchiladas; salad.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Pot roast and mushroom gravy, rice, green peas, cucumber/tomato salad. Homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert (I have the custard made and chilling in the fridge.)

8. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I had chips with curry (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
    Not very adventurous but I did enjoy it.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Jessica--it seems that curry is very popular in the UK. Do you make your own or buy it ready made?

10. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah we have curry a lot here. I buy it frozen, then just boil it up and have it with curry or chips, sometimes make a chicken curry too with leftover chicken.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I went nuts last afternoon and fixed pork and green onions with noodles. I bought premium expensive pork chops. The pork tasted like dirty socks smell. It all went into the garbage and tonight a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I am finished with gourmet cooking.

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That sucks. I hate wasting food and money and my time. There was an independent grocery store I shopped at all the time years ago, and I learned to never trust their shrimp...they always smelled like ammonia. Other than that, I've had a few bad experiences but not a lot.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today it's tuna salad sandwiches and chips. Homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Jessica Morgan and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Change of plans. Grilled cheese and soup sounded labor intensive so I just picked up Chili Rellenos from our best authentic Mexican restaurant. Both lunch and dinner/supper dilemmas are solved. I am having a big bowl of coffee ice cream as a buffer between meals.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Turkey patties, zucchini patties, and potatoes.. tad of drippings from the turkey patties cooking . Never made this before, but down in the ole back today best I could come u with,

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.