What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Grilled hamburger patties, baked potatoes, steamed spinach, salad.

I found a recipe for a small single-layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and made it yesterday. It turned out pretty good and is a good size for a small family. (Made a 9" square pan.) So a piece of that for dessert.

Krystal Shay and Tony Page like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Air fried buffalo wings, fries, cole slaw.

Tony Page likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You gonna do those in the Breville, or do you have an air fryer?

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I have an air fryer.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Grilled steaks, roasted asparagus and new potatoes, corn on the cob.

Faye Fox, Krystal Shay and Tony Page like this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Tonight was Shepherd's Pie casserole.

7. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm making meat balls (mini) and some marinara sauce for meatball sub sandwiches. A side is yet to be determined. Maybe some oven baked fries or a small pasta salad.....or just a cold beer.:D

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

YUM!!!

Krystal Shay and Faye Fox like this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Meatball and marinara sauce yesterday and tonight pizza. Don't know what kind yet as my fake nieces and their husbands and their Gma are coming over. Unbeknownst to me, a pizza party and game afternoon was planned for my place. My friend is getting forgetful and remembered one hour before arrival. Not being on a tight schedule or really any schedule other than going to bed, it should be fun.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today's my day off. We're having chick-fil-a nuggets and salad. Cupcakes from the bakery.

Krystal Shay and Tony Page like this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

DOUBLE YUM!!! MEATBALLLL......S

Krystal Shay likes this.
  12. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm too tired and worn out to eat anything. I got my new air conditioner delivered at 10:30 this morning and I worked for about an hour and a half installing. Finished up and dragged myself to my bedroom and lay down to recuperate for an hour or two. Not to be because just about the time I was ready to pass out I remembered I had left the truck backed up to the front porch. Knowing my luck a good rain shower would make it hard to get back to the driveway so I got up and went out into that terrible heat and moved the truck. Now that new air had been running for about an hour and when I walked into the front door I felt cool air in the front room, not real cold air which of course there will never be but still cool and a heck of a lot better than it has been this past week of high temperatures. I finally got to bed again and I rested about an hour and then had a terrible cramp so I had to get up and sit on the side of the bed for 20 minutes and massage the calve of my right leg. Tonight I am going to drink a big glass of water before turning in and hope that ingesting a lot of water might improve my cramping. I have not had the cramps for around 4 or 5 years or since I started that potassium and water pill which I have not had for over two weeks and no doubt that helped lead to the cramps. I will call monday and try and get back to the VA and get my meds restarted from them and things will get much better. So a few minutes ago I went into the kitchen to turn the air down a couple notches and poked my head into the icebox and picked out a nice entre and thought better of it and put it back in the fridge, no appetite at all, just a heck of a lot of Dr Pepper and my evening coffee. I'll make up for it tomorrow ;)

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Consider that sugar causes a lot of electrolyte and calcium loss. Maybe you could drink ice tea or ice water? Excessive water removes them too, in the heat. You can order potassium pills on line (citrate or gluconate) The pills are only 99 mg so you can pop a lot. Ask your va docs. Think about magnesium too. Just a suggestion, not trying to nag.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I usually take potassium and or magnesium when I have leg cramps. Lately I've been taking Swanson mineral citrate complex which has the above 2 minerals Plus calcium and zinc.
    My brother claims when he has leg cramps he just takes a spoonful of brown mustard, and it works for him.

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

You are right! Mustard is a quick fix used by athletes. i forgot that one. But I would rather stay on top if an electrolyte balance than wake up with a cramp.

Tony Page and Thomas Stillhere like this.