What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure what supper will look like today. It has been a lazy Sunday. Possibly order out? Maybe simply fix a big bowl of popcorn and sip a Coke Zero? What ever it mightt be will be easy to prepare.

Tim Burr likes this.
  2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had sausage, veggies, a small potato, and for dessert one slice of strawberry topped cheesecake. It was quite yummy.:)

Tim Burr likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I found something in the freezer and defrosted it the other day. It turned out to be yummy chicken I'd grilled (out on the actual charcoal grill) before. I made up some stuffing and green beans to go with it, and dinner was served. i also whipped up a batch of brownies. I have leftovers for tonight and probably tomorrow night, and still have a little pizza leftover for lunch, so I'm set for meals for a few days :D.

4. Texas Beth

Registered

Thinking of making turkey meatloaf. Some ketchup, red peppers, onions, egg, and crushed crackers. No idea what to cook for a side.

5. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

@Texas Beth did you come up with a side?

My supper consisted of some leftover baked beans, carrots and asparagus, and some box rice pilaf. I must admit that I topped that semi-healthy conglomeration off with a carrot cake sandwich cookie from the Wal-Mart bakery. So bad and yet so good.

I need to do some real cooking soon. Mismatched meals are becoming too much of a norm.

6. Diane Lane

Registered

The pizza is gone and today will be the last day for the chicken (still with stuffing, but now with carrots, also), so I'm going to buy or defrost something. I have a nice package of thick cut bacon in the freezer, and I'm thinking I might defrost that and have breakfast for supper tomorrow. If I do, I'll make up a big batch of hashbrowns and/or corned beef hash and eggs to go with it, and that will last a few days.

K E Gordon likes this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I did a bit of shopping yesterday and got some Marie Callendars Lasagna. This is a two person package so I may just eat half of it..I will make a nice salad to go along with it. I am sure to be drinking some vino today..so I feel like something Italian. I am grateful that it is starting to cool down here a bit. We have like one hot day on Saturday, and the rest of the forecast is calling for temps in the 80's. It sounds good to me!:)

Tim Burr likes this.
  8. Texas Beth

Registered

Lazy, lazy hot day. Son also having trouble with his stomach. He has been eating crackers and sipping Sprite. So, that lraves me wondering what I will eat for supper. Perhaps tonight is a tuna salad night.

9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Dunno. Only had a sandwich so far today. Maybe another sandwich. Don't think I can choke down any veggies today.:p

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Wife bringing home Chinese take out. So guess we will sit around like on 'Big Bang Theory'
    and share things out of those little containers. I'll be in my 'spot', the lazy-boy.:)

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We had some hamburger that neded to be used up; so I made some Spanish rice with lots of veggies, peppers, onions, zucchini squash, and tomatoes. I realized afterwards that I forgot to put in the last of the mushrooms; but they are frozen and will wait for the next time we need them for a meal. I use a rice mix with both brown and white rice and some wild rice to add more color and texture to the rice. I much perfeer brown rice to plain old whte rice anyway, and ours is mainly brown rice.
    Bobby (of course) is having watermelon for dessert. We usually go through at least one good-sized melon each week, and it is so perfect for this hot weather.
    I am still having my iced coffee in the afternoons, and the Ninja just blends it all up until it tastes like a mocha milkshake. It s just so cool and refreshing, and I use up whatever coffee is left in my cup after I have some in the morning.

12. Diane Lane

Registered

I picked up some hamburger at the store yesterday, and I might cook that. Or, if I wear myself out before I start making dinner, I might just eat the frozen dinner I bought yesterday. Usually when I cook hamburger, I split the pack in two and make a few actual burgers, and then pan fry the rest and mix it in with noodles, mac and cheese or occasionally, I'll make a cheeseburger pie. That sounds good, although I only have one crust left, but I could always make a top crust from scratch or top it with mashed potatoes.

13. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

All this talk about 'cheeseburger pie' and such got me in the mood for Shepherd' Pie.
    If I can find those little white cup things, without tearing up the kitchen too much,:eek:
    gonna try and make Shepherd Pot Pies. Easier to take to work.

[​IMG]

K E Gordon, Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Bobby said he wanted some pork steak, so we went to the little grocery store down the road and picked up a fresh tomato to go in my shrimp salad and Bobby found just the right size of pork steaks for himself.
    I made the salad and we shared that and I added cottage cheese and some canned tiny salad shrimp to my share.
    There is still a half of a watermelon in the fridge for when Bobby gets ready for his dessert.
    I have blood tests tomorrow; so I will be fasting from now until we get home from the fitness center tomorrow. The Wellness Center where we go is also where they do all of the bloodwork for the doctors here; so after we are done with the swimming and working out, we can get our blood tests done. Bobby does not have to fast before his; but I do.

K E Gordon likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

How on earth can you fast til later in the day? I still haven't managed my bloodwork because the minute I get up I have to eat. I'd be first in line at the lab and I still can't do it. I was told I can have plain black coffee and I still can't do it.

I go to Quest labs which is right next door to my drs office and my PPO takes it and they're the most expensive lab here. At least they open at 7, the one I went to before I had insurance because it was cheaper opened at 8.

You're going to swim on an empty stomach?? That's amazing! I'm someone who has to nibble all day long.