What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had leftover lasagna today, along with a tossed salad, and a piece of handcrafted garlic bread. Dessert was some cut fruit in a tray. Tommorrow may be steak ums. It is going to be cool enough that I could actually fire up the old oven, but I don't want to defrost anything so I think I will have something else. It will be oven time soon enough.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum B Long.

Where I live if you just say peas without a name in front we're referring to purplehull or crowder peas. English peas are also called green peas.o_O

3. Sheldon Scott

Registered

We're starting our 4th day on the meatloaf, different vegetables every day though make it a new meal. Less cooking that way.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband loved meatloaf. At 16 I had to ask how to make it. Everyone had a different idea of what you're suppose to put in it, and I mean everyone. I tried many recipes, and as a true husband, Michael would wolf it down. He would even smile about it.

Then one day just before payday, and short of supplies, all I could find was hamburger, an onion,a couple of eggs, some old cooked rice, and a bag of small veggies. The babies, ages 4,3,2, and 1 had run me ragged that day, so I was really tried that day. I ended up throwing it all in a big bowl and baking it as a meal in one.

With a little catsup, it became Michael's favorite dish, even as sandwiches the next day. It was also the beginning of my kids love of veggies.

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Tonight is ham and cheese on rye. One of my favorites.

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Beef & beans.

Joe Riley and Sheldon Scott like this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Zipper cream crowder peas, ham and cornbread. Some thick slices if tomatoes too.

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds good. Peas are my favorite green food. And corn bread, M-m-m-m, good.:)

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The world needs more peas!;)
    images.jpg

10. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Soaking beef short ribs in diet coke for sweetness. And making asparagus bundles wrapped in bacon spicrd with chili powder. Hope its good!

Sheldon Scott and K E Gordon like this.
  11. K E Gordon

Registered

It sounds very good! I am making whole grain spaghetti, I don't have enough fresh tomatoes to make sauce with but I am going to add some of them to the canned spaghetti sauce I have, for that extra taste of freshness.I will also put some fresh basil in. I love Italian food, and one thing I am dying to try is Spaghetti squash carbonara style. I have a recipe for it, I have had spaghetti squash spaghetti before, it isn't bad, but it is a lot of work. Spaghetti Squash Carbonara should be fairly low carb, as well as delicious.

Tim Burr likes this.
  12. K E Gordon

Registered

Tonight's din din was turkey burgers, with corn of the cob. I added one piece of pre cooked bacon as well. I was surprised to see it was only 30 calories per slice, so I didn't feel bad about consuming it. They are selling it at Dollarg General now, so it is pretty affordable. I think that it will be good for BLT's and since I have a lot of tomatoes now, it is a good choice.

Tim Burr likes this.
  13. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Called out for asian food for supper last night. My teen loves shrimp frird rice and I ordered mongolian beef. Was disappointed with the blandness of it all. Was looking forward to something spicy.

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  14. Sheldon Scott

Registered

We skipped the leftovers yesterday. My wife made some Mexican style concoction of eggs On a tortilla covered with salsa. Not my favorite but it was okay I guess. Back to the leftover ham and peas with fried okra and potatoes today. Much better.

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I made beef mac n cheese with peas for dinner last night. I've got plenty of leftovers for today and possibly tomorrow. I guess it's time to start defrosting something for my next cooking adventure.