What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Tonight's supper is going to be the final batch of beef mac n cheese with peas, and I'm thinking about what I'll make next. I have to run some errands today, so I might pick up something to cook, or I might just defrost a package of whatever I have in the freezer. I have a coupon for a free package of sausage from Kroger, so if I end up near there, I might pick that up. Oh,and don't forget to add your Friday Freebie to your loyalty card if you shop at Kroger.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Ate an early supper just now, 3pm. I didn't eat anything at noon, so I combined the two meals.
    It consisted of "A colorful blend of delicious vegetables harvested and frozen at their peak of goodness".
    I dumped some out in a pan, added some water, and a small handful of rice, to give it all a bit more variety, and to add something "white" to all that color.
    Then, I boiled the heck out of it and while that was going on, cooked up some loose ground beef.
    When the veggies were done, I plopped them onto a plate over the ground beef and doused the whole mess with lots of hot sauce, to make it all palatable.
    There, I've had my veggies for the week.
    It's no secret, I'm no big fan of veggies. I like most, but only love about 4, and some of them are on my restricted list.
    Sometimes I watch a cooking show. I'm always amused when the cooks look at a bowl of chopped or mixed veggies and have a near orgasm saying, "Isn't all that color beautiful? The reds, greens, yellows, almost too beautiful to eat".
    WTH?
    At my house, it only has to pass the taste test. If it don't, it goes in that big can with the lid in the alley.

c0e08f9cc631ae7faf98a0867598b65f.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I like succotash!:D
    [​IMG]

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are having Ninja-baked chicken legs with stuffing made with yellow squash and onion, and smothered (sort of) with a can of cream of chcken soup.
    I had one pack of dressing mix, and added the heel ends of the loaves of bread because Bobby doen't like to eat those anyway, and the onion and squash for extra goodness and flavor.
    We will probably have some for leftovers tomorrow.
    The actual recipe that I used to have said I was supposed to slice the squash, and layer the dressing and the squash; but I like it mixed into the dressing better; so I ran it through the other Ninja that is a blender and food processor, and then mixed up everything in a large bowl, put it over top of the chicken leg pieces in the Ninja cooker and then added the soup and just a dab of water and some butter.
    Should be ready to eat in about an hour. Chipper is already doing his "holy roller praying act" on the floor. He loves chicken and dressing, too.

5. Ike Willis

Registered

If I could have salt, I'd like veggies more. Salt substitute is a no-no too. I use Mrs. Dash by the bucket, but it jus' ain't the real thing.:(

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

That really sounds good, Yvonne!
    [​IMG]

7. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I really feel bad for you because I couldn't eat if I didn't have salt. I'm not as bad as my kids who turn their food white before they eat it but I do have to have it for taste.

8. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm not sure what's for supper tonight, but i have tortillas, salsa, cheese and chili, so it might be Mexican. Then again, I still have yeast, and I also have pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and olives, and I remembered to pick up the pepperoncini, so it could be a pizza night. It has to be something festive, since it's Saturday!

9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday I made the pot of vegetable-beef soup I've been craving since someone, I think it was Corie, posted about soup a few days ago. Will have it again today.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmm I think I will make my World Famous Tuna Salad for my evening meal which is a good choice considering this triple digit weather today. I use Albacore Tuna /mayonnaise/chopped celery/chopped green bell pepper/chopped red onion/chopped dill pickle/pepper/garlic salt/turmeric on a bed of chopped lettuce & Sauvignon Blanc as a beverage

K E Gordon likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Registered

Well, it didn't end up being anything Mexican, or even pizza. I picked up some ground beef yesterday and decided to cook up some burgers last night. I'm eating another cheeseburger for lunch, and will probably have another tonight for supper again. I make them fairly small as burgers go, so I got 5 out of the pound of meat. That way I get more treats and less calories.

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I actually cooked last night. Bought some ground turkey meat and then cooked it all up with onions and different spices. I'll get about 4-5 servings out if the batch, yesterday I mixed in some salsa and added some chees and rolled it up in a low carb tortilla.

May make a lettuce cup tonight, haven't decided yet. I make the batch kind of neutral and that way with each serving I can make a different type of meal depending what I add to it.

@Ren Tanner , your tuna salad sounds good. May make that tomorrow, I've never put peppers in mine.

I'll leave out the garlic powder though and maybe the turmeric.

13. Ike Willis

Registered

Probably a can of noodles in chicken flavored water.:(

14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

If you had a Trader Joe's you could get no salt added tuna, Ike. And only the mayo would add a little sodium. You could put it on no salt added saltines. There is no sodium bread, also.

If I lived near you, I'd make you tasty low sodium meals. I'm an expert at that, or whatever diet guidelines you have to follow.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  15. Ike Willis

Registered

I've had the no salt crackers, but never see any no salt tuna or bread.