What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Trader Joes has the no salt tuna and bread. The tuna does have some sodium, think 60mgs per serving.

The bread has 10mgs sodium per slice. Trader Joes has 2 types, their brand and another one that is sold in some supermarkets also.

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Ike Willis , I just got back from Trader Joe's and I was wrong on the sodium count, it's 35 mg per serving so even better. Think I pay $1.69 a can.

Also, a can equals 26 grams protein which is great for 140 calories.

image.jpg

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I never seen that brand around here. I'll have my daughter look for it when she goes shopping. Thanks.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I had all sorts of veggies, a bit of macaroni salad, like one third cup part of a Polish sausage maybe equivalent to one hot dog... alittle of my handy dandy basil infused sunflower oil, to put on the veggies and sausage...so I could grill everything together,,,some low cal Raspberry ice tea, and also some lemonade...and some of the light Peanut Butter Twirl ice cream.

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

My son and I had chinese food at a late lunch today. Since we are still full, I think we will eat light and have a sandwhich for supper.

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Going to use cauliflower instead of potatoes for 'mashed potatoes". Cook the cauliflower, add sour cream and butter then whip. Salt and pepper to taste.

Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Lasagna today, with parmesan, garlic bread. I'm gittin hungry

8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's almost lunch time and I just ate breakfast, so I might change what I'm having for dinner. I have some chicken breasts defrosting in the refrigerator, but I might put those off until tomorrow, since I have a lot to do today.

Last night, I finished off my last tiny burger and accompanied that with a refried bean, cheese and salsa verde quesadilla. I might just make a few more of the quesadillas for supper tonight, and tackle the chicken tomorrow.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

I've never seen salt-free tuna here. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. @Texas Beth How did the mashed cauliflower turn out? I like to mash up a mixture of carrots and turnips at the holidays, it gives it a little oomph. I wouldn't mind making some mashed cauliflower, but I might need some beano. I saw a post recently about using cauliflower for pizza crust somehow, but I didn't click the link, so I don't know how they did it.

I cleaned out the fridge last night and ate the leftovers, so I'll have to cook the chicken today. I haven't decided how I'm going to season it, but I'll be baking it in the oven.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I love Cauliflower in any shape. I've had the pizza crust when I was visiting my son and it was a lot of work to rice the cauliflower but now you can buy it already riced at Trader Joe's and I've seen it at supermarkets also.

The no salt added tuna I've only seen at TJ's and maybe WholeFoods.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Eating early, movie marathon. Lazy, Marie Callender's Lasagna with some French bread.
    Wish I had one of the wines from the TCM Wine Club, something to go with the Bogart theme.
    Oh well.

12. Ike Willis

Registered

Eggs scrambled with a bit of ground beef, doused with hot sauce to give the disgusting mess some flavor. God, how I miss sausage pizza and beer.:(

13. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Today I think we'll have stuff from the garden and some kind of dead animal.

Yvonne Smith and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Diane Lane

Registered

Unfortunately, there's no Trader Joe's nearby. I've never seen the cauliflower already riced. Is it frozen? I wouldn't even know where to look for it. I agree, that sounds like a lot of work, and I don't have a ricer, and my hands couldn't handle that activity anyway. I do love cauliflower, though, and wouldn't mind trying it. I wonder if any of the pizza delivery places will try offering it?

I finally cooked the chicken breasts yesterday. They had rib meat, which makes them juicier, and my flavorful, in my opinion. I was so busy rubbing them with olive oil and a spice mix that I forgot to add salt and pepper, but I put that one after I cooked them. I will probably make rice or vermicelli later to go with them for dinner tonight, and I have some mixed vegetables and applesauce left from last night :).

15. Ike Willis

Registered

A mystery meat sandwich and glass of ice water, so far.:mad:

K E Gordon likes this.